Chapter 8

He started to panic, trying to wipe the tears away from my face, "That's- I- that's not what I meant!! The only person that's aloud to love you is me!" He started to gently shake me, like he was knocking the sense out of himself and trying to place it in me. All I wanted to do is punch him in the face, how dare he dictate who I love or who loves me, and I let him know how I felt. I spat in his eye. "Ahh!" He backed away rubbing my saliva away from where it landed. I ran towards the door, ripping it open and tearing through it. I could hear him screaming after me as I ran away. Suddenly a door ahead of me opened and a hand reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me in before I could dodge it.

"Ash! Stop it! it's me!" I was trying to smack who ever this was with my eyes closed. I was pushed into a chair and right before I could focus my vision I was blind folded. Reaching up to take it off someone grabbed my hands and tied them behind the chair. "What do you want from me!?" the blind fold was removed. I couldn't believe what I saw, "Damon?" he was standing right in front of me, a sad expression draped across his face, like he had just betrayed an old friend. "I- you have to believe me I-" "thank you Damon for all your good work." "Archer, I-" "Shut up." Archer grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "You will never do that again." he burned his eyes through mine; it was like he was studying my soul. "What do you want with me? I don't have any money all I have is my family. I don't want to be here." I started to cry real tears. I really meant it, I wanted to be with my family, and I wanted to be home. "Aww look, my little mate's crying. isn't she cute?" What did he mean 'little mate'? "Well, actually, not so little after all." he started to chuckle to himself. "Archer, you don't have to be so cruel." Damon was looking at Archer pleadingly when Archer slapped him. "You do not tell me what to do. You do not tell me how to treat my mate, and you do not make your own decisions. Understand?" Damon nodded and skulked out of the room in shame. Archer turned his attention back to me. "I will make something out of you, I promise." I tried again to struggle out of my chair but the knots tying my hands were too tight. "I suppose for starters I will let you sit there and wait." He started for the door, obviously ready to leave me there for who knows how long. "Wait? Wait for what?" He turned and looked at me for one last time, I had no idea that I wouldn't see him again for many months to come, "Until you are worthy of me." And with that he turned and left the unfamiliar room, leaving me with unfamiliar thoughts and unfamiliar feelings. What will happen to me? What will become of me? What will I do?

I sat in that chair for several days, only receiving water every other hour. I hadn't seen or heard from Damon since I met him with Archer. The only person I did see was a servant girl that seemed bubbly enough to run her own detergent shop. She always tried talking to me like I was her friend but I had read stories like this, I knew that she had some kind of connection to Archer and that she would probably try to be my friend, but I knew better, the only way to get out of this place is to show them I don't belong here and that meant not having friends.

With the way my story was going, I would never have friends again.