Noticing

An I wanted this to be happy and please vote and comment I really worked on this chapter.

Thanks lovelies

"Hogsmede its time to go Hogsmede" Tori said in a sing song voice that made Alex want to take a butter knife and stab her throat but luckily before Tori could say something about how the holidays were coming up and how she should be happy. Remus swooped though the doors with the rest of the mauraders who walked into the great hall like it was their home.

"Hey Tori" Remus shouted and waved as they walked over all ready to head out. "You guys ready for Hogsmede?"

Tori nodded and walked with them they were almost halfway out the hall when they realized that Alex and James were lagging behind them and the group decided to go ahead with out them. The boys walked on but Tori gave it one last look and didn't fail to notice that James had his arm around Alex's shoulder and hers around his waist. She raised a eyebrow and was going to break it up when she saw the look on Alex's face. In that moment Tori decided that she would not bother Alex and James and would walk ahead.

"You can't be serious betty bots jelly beans can never touch Chocolate Frogs. Though delicious they are no where near the caliber I need my candy to be" Alex said getting more fired up then she should be but she was passionate and James enjoyed watching her argue.

"They are better than delicious love you never know what flavor you will get its the uncertainty that makes every single bean a little adventure. Maybe you will get strawberry or maybe you will get blood" James said pausing making sure she understands what he was saying. "With a chocolate frog its like hmm wonder what this milk chocolate frog will taste like? Oh my gosh it taste like chocolate" James said sarcastically causing a sigh to come from Alex's lips.

"You could say the same thing for the frogs you never know what card you will get and it could be rare or a common card." Alex said readjusting her white hat as it was not doing its job of staying on her head.

"We will just have to agree to disagree than love" James said and she accepted it and they walked in silence.

Not a angry silence, but a peaceful one as they both took in the beautiful scene in front of them. They were both happy to be next to someone even if they weren't talking she felt happy being in the same room as him. He calmed her enough by offering his presence and she enjoyed being near him they didn't have to be talking. It was something she didn't want to lose and he didn't either.

So they walked in silence looking at their friends joking around in front of them Peter and Sirius looking like they were joke fighting while Tori and Remus had linked arms laughing at the two.

James subconsciously pulled her closer to him as he thought about his friends.

Sirius who finally left his abusive household and was finally happy. The eldest Black was actually happy for one of the first times since James met him and he loved his best friend. James would do anything for Sirius and Sirius would do anything for James both of them knew that but James always reminded Sirius he was wanted and needed. James didn't know if he would want to live in a world without his best friend.

James thought of Remus the lonely werewolf who felt he didn't deserve love. But what James tried to drill in his head was that he was and he already had people who loved him James, Sirius, Peter, James parents absolutely adored Remus and he felt that Alex was starting to become closer friends with him. James wanted him to see that he deserved love. He was still Remus and that being a werewolf was part of his identity that made him who he is.

James wanted Peter to be his own man he wanted him to make his own choices he prayed his friend would have ideas of his own. James hoped Peter would make the right friends and make good choices once they left Hogwarts.

James looked at his friends and looked down at Alex who was looking at her friends with a peaceful smile on her face as they walked through the snow.

James wanted everything for Alex he wanted to give her the world in a box. He wanted to see her when he came home even when he had bad days he wanted her to comfort him as he cried. James wanted her there for the good days and he wanted to be there to hold her when she cries and he wanted to be their when she was happy. James didn't care if their entire house burned down as long as Alex was okay because she was home she was warm, comforting, and something that James could love.

He smiled at her slowing the pace as they got to Hogsmede she smiled at him and pulled from his grasp. But grabbed his hand as she dragged James along to all the stores he watched as she smiled at him freckles and all.

He watched her as she picked out chocolate frogs and he grabbed a box of betty bots. James watched as she continued to smile like everything was okay and right now it was fine everything was perfect for James.

It was like no sound for James as he watched her going from store to store and soon they went through every store and where walking back to the school.

"James are you okay you haven't said a word this entire trip" Alex said and James noticed how her eyes softened and he took notice of her hair that he always thought was beautiful. James never realized how it was darker than Lily and he wondered how he never noticed it before.

"I'm fine love I actually had a question for you" James said and Alex nodded looking at him with a confused look on her beautiful face.

James felt like it was just him and her as they stood there in the middle of Hogwarts and Hogsmede he noticed how the snow looked amazing against her hair. He realized something in that very moment that he loved her and as he looked in her eyes he asked a question she had been dying to hear.

"Alex will you be my girlfriend?"