CHAPTER 1: You ARE Going!!

<<VICTORIA>>

        After an 8 hour shift on my feet at the diner I work at as a waitress, I couldn't wait for the weekend to come.

       Normally, I would work on the weekends, but, I'm finally taking the next few weeks off for my first vacation, ever.

       Tomorrow is the first day that my vacation truly will start. I just plan to mostly hang around the house most of the time and veg pretty much. I'm more of a homebody really.

       When I walked into the door of mine and my best friend's, Beca's apartment, she looked to be just on her way out to a club.

       She is a spicy Latina, or at least that's what I call her. She reminds me of Selena Gomez a little bit and is the part person of our friendship. Which is fine. I don't really care too much for drinking.

       "Hola Gorgeous!" She greets me with a smile while grabbing her purse.

       "Hola, beautiful!" I replied.

       I'm trying to learn Spanish and she's teaching me. Her and her family think I'm the funniest and cutest white girl they'd ever met.

       Beca and I met in middle school. I was always being bullied for my weight and braces. Then one day, this new girl in school who instantly became friends with the popular kids, saw me being bullied by them and actually stepped in and stood up for me. Even in college she did the same. I never felt like her fat friend that she kept around to make her look good. She has always tried introducing me to people. Even guys, she has never made me feel like the third wheel or anything.

       "I've gotta go meet Josh. But I will see you later. Don't wait up." She tells me while leaving.

       "I never do." I reply with a chuckle.

       Josh is her boyfriend of almost eight months now. They are very cute together and someday, I would love to have what they have together. He's also got tattoos all over him. In fact, he almost looks like Paul Walker a little bit.

       Anyways, as much as I love hanging out with her, I really was kind of glad she left because then I can now get comfortable, order takeout and watch some cartoons. (Which yes I like cartoons, so what?)

       However, I passed out not too much later after I ate while watching A Bug's Life. But fell asleep halfway through it.

*****************************************

        When morning came, I woke up and tiredly began walking towards the kitchen for some OJ.

        'How sad' I told myself while looking at the clock on the microwave and seeing it's only 8:30 in the morning and on my day off, I still can't sleep in. Ugh.

       As I began pouring myself some OJ, I also then grabbed some Reeses Puffs and begin to pour myself a bowl. Then I take a seat down at the small dining table we have to eat at and begin eating while checking out Wattpad for some new stories.

       Then I hear Beca opening her door up quietly.

       'Ah. Josh must be in there sleeping.' I thought to myself.

      "Morning." She says through a yawn.

      "Good morning." I replied.

      "How was your night?" She asked me knowing already, what I did. Though I get it. She's just trying to be polite.

      "It was good. Passed out early. And I would ask you about your night but I can tell by the way you look right now, that you had a great time." I smirked at her.

      "Hell yeah! You should come out with us sometime. They have pool tables and everything." She smiles at me.

      "Maybe one of these days." I tell her. Just as I have always told her throughout the years.

      "Oh and that reminds me, Josh, his brother and his friends rented a beach house for a few weeks and are leaving Saturday to go up there. It's right by Grim's Cave where that swimming area inside is at. I told him you and I are going." She winked at me while taking a sip of her recently poured fresh brewed coffee while leaning over the counter on her elbows.

       "What? I'm not going." I replied with a chuckle.

       "Oh, you're going. There is no way I am leaving you here, by yourself on your ONLY vacation time you have EVER taken off from work, to be spent here alone."

       "You really need to stop talking to My bosses at the diner." I told her before taking another bite of cereal.

       "Yeah well, you never would have told me. Besides, they made me actually promise them to take you somewhere fun. So that's what I'm doing." She tells me.

       "I'm not going." I look at her.

       "Yes you are! Also, Josh and I were thinking maybe you and his brother could.." I immediately stop her there.

       "No. No more blind dates. You suck at that. Besides, guys like Josh have the type of hot friends that definitely don't go for girls like me." I tell her while finishing the last bite of cereal and feeling upset that I went from a really good mood to a saddened mood.

        "Okay, first of all, the last couple of times I sent you on blind dates, yeah, the guys were jerks, though I didn't know they were. And second, I know you want to find someone, just like I found Josh. So you are going. And besides, if for no other reason, think of it as a birthday gift from you to me. Since my birthday, you know, is next week and all." She starts to pout.

        I don't know why she does that pouty face. Probably cause she knows I always fall for it.

        So I took in a breath then finished drinking the milk from what was left over in my bowl, then told her, "Fine. I will go. But, not to try and get together with one of his friends or his brother. This is just so you won't bug me and keep harassing me about how I need to go out more." I chuckled while rolling my eyes playfully.

        She quickly runs up to me clapping, jumping and screaming in excitement and gives me a great big hug.

        I swear, she's like a sixteen year old teenage girl who was surprised with a car on her sweet sixteenth birthday.

        "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." She says excitedly.

       "You're welcome, Dork." I laugh at her.

       I guess while Beca was screaming, we didn't hear or notice that Josh was up and out of the bedroom, standing at the end of the hallway.

       "What's wrong, Baby?" He asks tiredly.

       "Baby?! She's coming with us!" Beca yells again in excitement and hugs him and gives him a kiss good morning.

       Josh's eyes widened as if he was shocked also, that I said yes. But then quickly replied excitedly, "Awesome!"

       Wait, what just happened?! What did I just agree to?

Next chapter will be posted in several minutes! :):)