CHAPTER 14: Let's Try This......

<<ETHAN>>

After arriving at the clubhouse, I helped Victoria out of the car and we all began walking inside.

As soon as we got inside, everybody that was there came walking up towards us and I introduced Victoria to them.

They were all very nice and welcoming to her.

The moment was instantly interrupted when Isaac came running inside the house, out of breath from running, with blood almost all over his clothes.

He runs up to us.

"Oh my god, Ethan." He says while trying to catch his breath.

"Take it easy. What the hell happened?" I asked him.

"They...are...coming." He replies.

"Who?" I asked.

"Scott and his guys. They'll be here any minute. They killed Jack." He says.

"Fuck!" I yelled. "Alright. We'll get the guys and prepare." I tell him.

I then direct everyone to disperse and prepare for when the guys came.

Then I turn around and see Victoria's face with a look of fear and sadness. Shit! I almost forgot.

"Come on baby." I tell her while Beca and all of them go off to grab weapons and to prepare.

I grab her hand as we quickly begin walking towards the bedroom.

Once we walk inside the room, I close the door behind us as I notice Victoria sitting down on the edge of the bed, with her head faced down as she twiddles her thumbs on her lap.

A part of me begins to die as I see the look upon her face of a feeling I never wanted her to feel. I just want to protect her and had never meant for her to find out this way, of what I do.

For the first time in my life, I regret becoming part of a motorcycle club that was as ruthless as we are. But since I can't and don't want to change, I still need to make things right with her. I will still do whatever it takes to be with her.

I walk over and sit down beside her. I then interlace my fingers with hers as I grab one of her hands and kiss the top of it.

"Listen. I know I should've told you earlier about what I do. But I was afraid I might scare you away. Apparently I failed and it probably doesn't matter anymore. But I have fallen for you. I would do anything for you. And I just want you to stay with me." I finish while trying to hold back the tears as I avoid eye contact with her.

"This is a lifestyle I'm not sure I could get used to."

My heart dropped. "I understand."

"But then again, I have fallen for you too and want to be with you. But.."

Before she was able to finish, the sound of gunshots went off.

I quickly got up, told her to lock the door behind me and not to let anybody inside unless it's me.

I took my gun out from my nightstand and before I started to walk towards the door, she turned me around and kissed me before hugging me.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too." I tell her before opening up the door and closing it behind me, while also, aiming my gun in front of me as I look everywhere, to make sure nobody is around.

I begin going down the stairs and right as I lean my back against the wall, cocking my gun and preparing to shoot as I get ready to turn the corner, I hear Victoria screaming from the bedroom. So I run back upstairs and kick in the door.

Only to find that Scott's got his arm around her neck with a gun to her head.

Without hesitating, I point my gun towards him the moment I see him.

Then before anything else could happen, everything went black.

New chapter will be up either tonight or tomorrow. Kind of having a brain fart at the moment. 😜 but promise that tonight or tomorrow, I will post next chapter! :)