CHAPTER 17: Man The F*** Up!!

<<ETHAN>>

It's been just a few days since I left the hospital and have been staying up here at the cabin.

I've been getting texts and calls non stop from Josh and Beca. Though none from Victoria. I guess she did agree with me that it was better this way.

I then hear a knock on the door and I grab my gun and slowly walk up to the door and ask, "Who is it?"

"Man, it's me. Open up." Josh says.

I unlock the door and he takes one look at me and how shitty I look.

"Well, I guess I don't need to ask how you're doing." He says.

"Shut up. Come in. You wanna drink?" I offer.

"A beer." He replies.

As I'm grabbing us both a beer, I notice him looking around at how messy the place is with all kinds of shit lying around.

Clothes scattered, shoes, take out boxes, other empty food boxes and drinks, are everywhere.

"Here." I tell him while handing him a beer.

"Thanks." Josh replies.

Then I walk over to the half cleaned couch that has only a blanket and pillow on it.

Josh takes a seat also, on the couch, opposite from the one I'm on, pushes stuff away first so that he could sit.

"So, why are you here?" I ask.

"Gee, thanks." Josh says.

"Come on. I didn't mean it like that. But why are you here, seriously?" I ask.

"I'm here because you wont answer Beca's or my texts or calls. I wanted to see how you were." He replies, taking a drink from his beer.

"Well, as you can see, I'm just great." I tell him though I was bullshitting. And he knew it to.

Josh then stands up, slams his beer bottle down onto the coffee table, stomps over towards me and grabs me by the shirt collar to stand me up. He's lucky he's my brother.

"Quit bullshitting me. I know you're fucking miserable. I know you can't stand being away from Victoria. I also know, that you're being a little bitch and you really need to man the fuck up! And stop this bullshit of how it's better that you're out of Victoria's life. Because you, me, Beca, and Victoria know that that's not fucking true!" Josh then pushes me harshly back down, onto the couch. "You say you're hurting? Victoria asked about you when she woke up in the hospital. Then she found out that her cancer came back. Now she's having surgery in a few days, and she still can't stop crying herself to sleep at night cause of you. She is scared shitless about this surgery and yet one of the only people important that she wants to be with, other than with Beca, is you. So stop being a fucking bitch and go get her man. She fucking loves you. I don't know why, but she does. Don't let her suffer in anymore pain than life has made her already. Be a real man." Josh runs his fingers through his hair and turns around to start heading towards the door. But before opening it up to leave, he turns around to face me, "Oh, before I forget, before the shit went down with Scott and his crew, Beca and I were going to announce that she's pregnant. That you were going to be the godfather and an uncle." He then turns back around and leaves, shutting the door behind him.

He was right on so many levels. I was being a little bitch and acting like a child. I really did need to man the fuck up.

I wasn't exactly sure in how I was going to make things better. But I knew that whatever it was, I was going to need some help. So I picked up my phone and text Beca.

**********************************************************************************

A few days later......

After texting Beca, I needed her help with the perfect romantic idea that Victoria would love, to help me win her back.

So of course, I cleaned up myself, shaved, got a haircut, cleaned up the cabin before leaving and began preparing for the perfect date.

We hadn't expected it to take as long as it did to make sure everything turned out the way I wanted it to, but I guess that you can't rush perfection.

So now, it's the day before the surgery. Which I'm glad cause, hoping she takes me back, this way, she won't have to worry about it and will know that I will never leave her alone again.

Next chapter will be the last one before the Epilogue. :( But next one will be posted soon! :)