CHAPTER 8: What Happened?

<<VICTORIA>>

       When I woke up this morning, my head was pounding.

        Ugh. I am never drinking that much again. I guess this whole 'trying to get rid of the thoughts of Ethan out of my head' plan didn't really work to my benefit.

        I begin to open my eyes a little bit and realize that I have been drooling a little bit. I  then lift up my head, wipe the corner of my head, then notice, I wasn't sleeping on a pillow. I was sleeping on his chest.

        I quickly sit up and try to get up out of bed quietly. But turns out my big ass had other plans as I became dizzy the moment I stood up too fast and the next thing I know, I fall right onto my ass.

        I close my eyes and start hoping it didn't wake him up. I open my eyes and look up to see he's awake and he's looking right at me, while sitting on the edge of the bed on the side I fell off on.

        "Are you okay?" He asks.

        "I-I'm fine." I tell him while holding my head.

        "Come on, let's get you back to bed." He says.

        I don't say anything. Instead just nod my head as I feel him grab my hand and put an arm around my waist while gently helping me up.

       I sit back onto the bed as he sits down next to me.

       "We didn't do anything, right?" I asked while hoping he took no offense towards it and got mad. But I needed to know.

        "No. You passed out. So I carried you up here and laid you down with your clothes still on you." He chuckles.

        I look down at myself and notice my clothes from last night, I still did have on me.

        "Besides, I'm not into taking advantage of passed out women." He smiles.

        "Well, thank you. But you could've left me on the couch. I'm sure it wasn't easy carrying me in general, let alone upstairs." I tell him, suddenly feeling embarrassed and self conscious.

        "You're not as heavy as you think you are and I'm a lot stronger than you probably think I am." He chuckles.

        "Well, thank you." I tell him with a little smile.

        "You're welcome." He replies.

        It's quiet for a moment between the both of us and suddenly, I begin to feel butterflies in my stomach. So I try and get up slowly.

        "I'm going to go and take a shower real quick. I will be right back." I said.

        "Okay. Do you need any help standing or anything?" He asked.

        "No. But thank you." I replied with a smile.

        He smiled back at me as he got up also and said, Well, I think I'm gonna do the same and then make us some breakfast."

        "Sounds good." I smiled.

        "Alright. Meet you downstairs?" He asks.

       "Yeah." I replied with a smile.

       Then he heads out and closes the door quietly behind him.

*****************************************

        After my shower and getting dressed, I headed downstairs after I had taken the two pills that I noticed on the night stand, down with the glass of water he had left for me.

        When I got downstairs, I noticed him placing two plates down onto the table and pulled out a chair for me.

       I smiled and took a seat. "Thank you."

       It looked and smelled delicious. Chorizo and eggs with diced potatoes, cheese and sour cream, wrapped up in delicious tortilla.

       When I took my first bite, despite it being too hot, I just moaned from how delicious it was.

       I heard him chuckle as he was eating his burrito.

      "You are adorable." He says.

      "What? It's really good." I told him.

      "Thank you. But just, didn't think it was that good." He laughed a little.

       "Well, it is." I said.

       He nods his head and continues to eat.

       I look around and notice that nobody else is here. But before I could ask where everyone was at, I hear him beat me to it.

       "Everyone went out to breakfast and everything. I told them you needed to sleep. But that we would meet them at the cave in a couple of hours." He says while finishing his last bite.

       "Okay." I say while finishing my last couple of bites.

       He stands up then takes my plate and washes our dishes while I check him out in his muscle tank top that clings to his abs and then his board shorts as they show off his tattooed legs. Damn, this man is covered. I love it.

        He turns to me and I quickly try and not make it obvious I was checking him out.

        "So, you wanna go to the cave before them? Make sure we get it to ourselves?" He asks. Though I wonder if he meant me and him or Beca and everyone else.

        But I just nod and we grab our things then head out towards the cave.

        I'm excited. I heard that there's a waterfall in there also. I'm excited. Never seen a waterfall up close.

Next chapter posted soon! (Today)