CHAPTER 5: Today Is A New Day

<<VICTORIA>>

        This morning as I woke up, I heard my phone go off to let me know I got a text message. It was from Beca.

BECA: Hey! Sorry, Josh, the guys and I
            have gone out to look at what
            stores they have. We tried to wake
            you but couldn't. We will have to
            come here, you and I later. And
            if I find something that's you, I'll
            get it. Oh and also, we were
            thinking about having a bonfire
            tonight and ordering some
            sandwiches from a local deli
            here. I know what you like so I
            will be sure to bring you back
            something. Okay, sorry for the
            novel. Love Ya! See ya later and
            let me know if you need anything.
            Which by the way, are you okay?

ME: LOL. It's okay, I'm used to your
        'novels'. Also, I'm Okay. And we
        will definitely go shopping. And
        ty for the sandwiches! Sounds
        delicious! 😊😚😉 And can't wait
        for the bonfire! See ya later! Love
        Ya too! :)

        I put down my phone after that and laid on the bed for a few minutes longer before finally getting up and walking towards the door to head downstairs.

        When I opened up my bedroom door, I stuck my head out first to be sure I didn't run into Ethan. I know I would have to face him sooner or later, but preferred later, since it was too early to deal with him after last night.

          I looked around and didn't see him anywhere.

          I continued looking around to make sure and then looked out the window by the front door and saw that his bike wasn't there.

        A big relief I felt, knowing he wasn't here. Except also, I noticed another feeling. I wanted to see him. Deep down, I know he didn't mean what he said. I could tell he was sorry by the look on his face, though at that moment. I couldn't be around him.

        Damn! What was wrong with me? I thought to myself.

*****************************************

        Throughout the day, though it was a big house, I still enjoyed having it to myself for most of the day.

         Everybody came back home closer towards dinner time except for Ethan.

         Josh asked me where he was at and I just shrugged my shoulders and said I didn't know. Which was true.

        He texted Ethan real quick, then we all went outside and sat around the bonfire, eating our delicious sandwiches.

        Then out of nowhere, we see Ethan walking up with a girl that's got her arm looped through his and is giggling.

         He walks up towards us and as everyone looks at him and is about to say 'hi' to him, they stop themselves when they see Carla.

         Everybody looks at me with a look of sympathy and then a 'not cool, bro' kind of a look towards him. Except for Beca. She looks as though she wants beat the shit out of him and the girl. That's my best friend, love her.

         Though I don't know why they looked at me like that. Him and I aren't dating. It doesn't bother me.

         Okay, that was a lie, of course it bothers me. I wanna claw that bitches eyes out and pull out her fake over bleached processed extensions and those silicone out of her fake tits. But no, I'm not going to. Cause clearly he prefers sluts.