Settling

(Casper's POV)

"Casper"

"Casper??!"

"Damn it Casper will you listen to me?"

I picked my head up from my desk to meet a figure .

"Mom ?"

"No but if you don't get your lazy ass up I'll be more than happy to call her."

"Veronica?" I sat back in my chair rubbing my eyes "and what do I owe the pleaser of seeing your beautiful face today ?"

She walked up to my desk and placed both hands on it " Don't get smart with me sweetheart "

"I wouldn't dream of it ."

"Now I came here to tell you I will be going out of town"

"Oh is that so ?"

She had no job so this was definitely a vacation. Hell I'm not complaining less time I got to see her. Not that I don't like to it's just since Charlie's been around she's been more how do I say this bitchy.

She doesn't let me do shit always thinking I'm off with her or something. I wouldn't be that stupid to get caught with her not with everything going on right now.

"Hello are you even listing to me ?" She whines throwing her hands around like a mad woman.

"Yea sure that's fine , do whatever"

She walked over to me and pushed my chair back to sit in my lap " Are you not going to miss me ?" She said in little girl voice that sounded so annoying but I don't wanna cause a fight so I just let her.

"Of course I'm going to miss you " I said kissing her forehead.

"Your not going to see that, that crazy ex wife of yours are you ?"

"I wouldn't dare sweetheart"

Her face light up and a giant smile crossed her face. Idk what it is about Charlie but she did not like her. That's why I can't tell her about Aiden. She'll lose it probably make him go far away I couldn't let that happen to Charlie. Seeing her with him I couldn't asked for anything more. She really loves him and I can see why he's a pretty awesome kid. But right now I can't let people find out about him so I have to see him in secret. Which is hard because Ronnie's always with me.

"Again really Casper , why do you keep spacing out ? Am I not good enough anymore ? Do you not love me ?"

Love you please I only had one true love and that didn't work out , I guess you can say I'm settling but idk what else to do.

She begin to kiss me all over and unbutton my shirt. She looked up at me with puppy dog eyes "do you like this huh baby ?"

Lord knows I don't but I'm to far into this to back out now. Before I could do it and not give two shits but now after kissing Charlie it makes it kind of hard. With Charlie I feel warm and soft and with Veronica it's sloppy and messy.

God what am I doing? Stop it Cas.

I grabbed Veronica and placed her on my desk before kissing her on her neck and bitting her softly.

"I love you Casper" she moaned.

Forgive me.

-------------------------------------------------------

Veronica left so I thought it would be the perfect time to call Charlie.

The phone rang 4 times before a soft " hello " came into my ear. God she sounds so , shit Casper pull it together.

"Uh hey it's me "

"Yea I know , hold on I'll get Aiden"

"Wa-" a load "Aiden come here hunny" blasted from the phone into my ear.

I wanted to talk to her for a little bit but I shouldn't it wouldn't be right , would it ? No no it wouldn't.

"Hello daddy ?" Aiden said over the phone.

"What's up buddy how was your day ?"

"It was okay I got in trouble"

"Ah a little rebel are we ?"

He started to laugh" no it's just there's this guy at my school and he won't stop making fun of me so I told him about you and he said I'm making it up"

A child is harassing mine. Who the fuck does he think he is " who is this kid ? What's his last name? How dare he"

"Casper stop " Charlie said. I guess there on speaker.

"Look buddy how about I go to your school and we show that little boy that you would never lie "

"Oh really dad really you'll come ? "
He sounded so excited I bet he was jumping up and down.

The door in my office flung open and out comes my mother.

Oh shit.

I shot up and tightened my grip on the phone " uh um yes I will be here , I have to go now"
and hung up.

"Mother what did I say about showing up unannounced?"

"What I can't surprise my child ?" She said coming towards me kissing my forehead.

"Of course mother " I said hugging her back.

"Who was that on the phone ?"

I looked around the room before meeting her eyes " oh uh just some share companies trying to get me to help them is all , nothing important."

"Oh okay , for family dinner I made your favorite"

I sat back at my desk hoping she'd go away. I love my mother but she's so clingy. " steak ?"

"Oh and where is your brother and sister ? I need to have a word with them "

"Last time I checked Oliver was " shit Charlie was with Oliver if she knew that she'd release her wrath. " uh getting pizza I think "

"That boy I swear he's always eating"

She came back to me and placed her hand on my face before smiling I returned the smile " My baby boy is getting married this time to a girl he deserves "

She always would throw blows at Charlie I didn't care much at first but then I got annoyed of it. Always comparing things to her and talking bad about her. Which wasn't any different when we were together but after we separated I thought she'd stop.

"Yes mother you always tell me "

"I just want you to have the best and be happy"

I did have the best and I was happy. But shit happens and things get messy.

"So what did you want with them anyways?"

"Who sweetheart ?"

"Oliver and Darcy ?"

She lifted her hands up and placed both of them on her face " oh nothing important just some files where missing is all nothing to be concerned with"

She was lying through her teeth. But I didn't want to push it I'll just ask them later.

She walked towards the door and opened it " we'll come on sweety lets go eat "

This woman I am a grown man still treating me like a baby. "I'll be right there"

She left the room and I grabbed my phone and dialed.

A couple of rings and "hello?"

"We need to talk"