Ch.8

The chapters get better, I promise

___________________

Yoongi's POV

He entered the house quietly, hoping to not disturb his hyung. They had gotten into a small fight earlier before Yoongi had asked if Jin needed anything. He was given a list and sent out to do so. He had, but encountered a stranger whom he had met once when he was misbehaving in Little Space. He had given the guy his number, Jungkook he believed his name to be, but he wasn't sure how to approach the older man about the meeting. He was sure that Jin would not be happy about it, seeing as he had ranted to Yoongi about it the day it happened.

He nervously knocked on the door to his hyung's bedroom, bag of stuff in hand. He twirled a piece of loose plastic around his finger until it eventually broke and he let it fall to the floor, not bothering to pick it up like he probably should. A ruff voice spoke,

"Come in,"

and Yoongi did so, slowly opening the door before stepping into the very tidy and spotlessly cleaned room, closing the white wooden door behind him. Jin had a thing for white, so it seemed. His room was always clean and tidy, showing that he was more than likely a clean freak. And Yoongi seemed to think so because whenever he made a mess, Jin was right there to clean it up, Little Space or not. Maybe it was just a motherly thing, he didn't know.

He walked over to Jin's bed, sitting on the edge and setting the bag beside himself. His hyung laid under his pale pink and white dotted covers, nose red and stuffy with his lips parted so he could breathe through his mouth instead.

"I got everything you asked for, hyung." Yoongi wanted to say more, that he had met the man he had lowkey assaulted, but he refrained from doing so. Jin was sick and he didn't want to add to the older's already bad condition, didn't want to be responsible for making it worse. So, instead, he took out the items in the bag one by one, laying them out on the bed for Jin to see.

"Yoongi, you forgot one. I told you to get orange juice, didn't I?" Yoongi's brows furrowed at Jin's words, pulling the list out of his jacket pocket and looking it over. He cringed and guilt immediately hit him in the stomach, knotting it all up, when he saw the words written in neat handwriting at the bottom of the page:

orange juice.

Now that it was brought up, Yoongi remembered that was what he was headed for when he ran into Jungkook. He didn't want to lie to his hyung but he really didn't want to make the situation worse. But what if Jungkook called to meet up when Jin was still sick? He couldn't deny the man meeting with him, seeing as he had agreed, but he also knew he wouldn't be able to come up with a good enough excuse to abandon his hyung when he was sick.

"Oh . . . um, sorry, hyung. I must've forgot. I was just in a hurry to get back and- yeah." It wasn't a complete lie, he had been in a hurry to get back to Jin but he also stopped to speak with Jungkook. He ignored the nagging voice in the back of his head that he should tell the truth and that this was wrong, going against his usual nature of being honest with people.

"It's okay, Yoongi, don't worry about it. Nobody bothered you, right?"

"No, hyung, nobody . . . bothered me." He looked away from his hyung and busied himself with setting the bottles and snacks and things on the table beside Jin's bed, trying to not appear suspicious. He wasn't sure if he was doing a good job or not because the twisting in his gut wouldn't stop no matter how hard he tried to convince himself that he would tell Jin later and that he was not lying.

Just as he was putting the last item on the table, his phone rang. He dug it out of the back pocket of his pants and slid to open it, quickly reading the caller ID.

"Who is it?"

He glanced up at Jin and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, simply holding up one finger in a sign that he needed a minute. His hyung nodded and he accepted the call, shuffling into the corner of the bedroom so that Jin hopefully couldn't here.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" He greeted, nervously playing with the hem of his jacket and glancing over at Jin who was not so subtly staring at him.

"Hey. This is Yoongi, right?"

"Yeah, um, yes." Yoongi responded, making sure not to say Jungkook's name or anything that would give his hyung too much information or make him suspicious, unless he already was.

"Okay, good. This is Jungkook, we ran into each other in the street awhile ago, yeah?" There was a smacking and slurping sound on the other end but Yoongi ignored it, focusing on the conversation on hand and being as discrete as possible. "Jimin, knock it off! Anyway, sorry about that."

"That's fine, but, uh, what's up?" Yoongi felt extremely uncomfortable, knowing very well that, from the corner of his eyes, Jin was staring at him. He stared at his feet, scratching the back of his head.

"Are you free tonight? If you want, we could go to one of the bars downtown and we can discuss that, uh, incident."

"Um, sure. What time?" Yoongi nervously peeked over at Jin, only to quickly avert his gaze at the way the elder was staring at him. He could tell by the look on his face that he was skeptical of what was going on.

"Nine."

"Alright, text me the information, okay?"

He ended the call once they said their goodbyes and shoved if back into the back pocket of his pants, going back over to Jin. He sat on the side of the bed, moving the items he bought to the floor since there wasn't anymore room on Jin's table.

"So, are you going to tell me who that was or not?" SeokJin said, making Yoongi swallow thickly and start racking his brain for how to respond.

The truth would be easier, wouldn't it? He sighed in defeat and decided to just accept that Jin may or may not like what he was doing later that night.

"It was a man named Jungkook. He wants to go out later to . . . talk." Yoongi avoided all eye contact, ears still buried in his locks of hair.

"Surname?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"Well, how do you know him?"

Yoongi could tell that Jin was getting annoyed with his short answers and lack of information so he decided to just spill everything. "It's the man who I, uh, kind of assaulted and he wants to get everything smoothed over. It's fine, don't worry about it."

"No, I am going to worry about it!" Jin's voice raises, though only slightly. "You're going out with a stranger, who knows how late, and you're saying it's fine? It's not fine, far from it!"

"Hyung-"

"Do you even remember? This 'Jungkook' called you a freak! You're just going to let that slide?" Seokjin was practically bristling with anger at the mention of Jungkook.

"He was having an off day, hyung! We all have them. Just because he makes a mistake once doesn't mean you need to hate him for all of eternity."

"Fine, you can go but I'm coming with."

"Alright." Yoongi knew that arguing would only make it worse so he agreed, not wanting to escalate thing anymore than they already had.

It couldn't be that bad, right?

_____________________
1k