Chapter Sixteen: Kissing the Cowboy

The ravenous hunger swiftly consumed them both.

They'd been starving for each other these past nine years and finally the tension had broken.

Sean gently pushed her onto her back on the mattress and laid down atop her, careful not to put too much of his weight on her delicate little body.

He cradled her face as they shared a searing, languorous sort of kiss; exploring each other's mouths in a way that was both eager and shy.

"I've missed touching your body so much." He growled against her lips, his hand sliding down her, cupping her breast through the soft fabric of her shirt. "I've missed tasting you."

She moaned into his mouth and he very gently bit her bottom lip.

She let out a little squeak and squirmed beneath him. Fluttering open her eyes, she couldn't help but smile as she gazed up at him.

"Can I undress you, angel?" He asked her huskily, sliding his hand up under her shirt now to cup her bare breast. He gently plumped and massaged, in an unfairly coaxing manner.

She squirmed beneath his big body again, biting into her own bottom lip now. She couldn't think of a single reason why not.

Sean knew that look in her eyes, was hardly blind to the hot flush creeping up her neck into her cheeks, or the way her lips parted invitingly.

She wanted him, too.

###

They were ripping at each other's clothes in the next instance.

Sean had turned off the light and they were beneath the covers together, rolling around in a silent battle for power.

He slid his fingers through hers, pinning her hands down above her head just as he had in her dream. When she pushed back, however, he easily let her up.

She already knew this man well; she knew he was a dominant lover. It made him feel safer, when he was in control.

It was a turn on, she couldn't deny it; not with how her body responded to even his most subtle cue and command. Every tremor in that husky baritone voice of his, with its beautiful southern lilt.

But she liked to test his power as often as she could, because the arrogant, bullheaded man needed to be put in his damn place.

Sean chuckled in wry amusement when he felt her bucking his authority, quite literally, but he obediently rolled onto his back for her.

He indulged her by letting her straddle his hips and hold his hands down this time.

The ends of her braids sliding across his chest felt like silk. She smelled ever so sweetly of spring rain and cherry blossoms.

She made him so horny, it should be illegal.

Lucy was controlling the kiss now and she drew his bottom lip gently between her teeth to return his bite from earlier.

Sean growled again.

He simply couldn't take it anymore and he spun around with her in his arms to crush her beneath him once more.

She wrapped her legs around his hips and her arms tightly around his neck. He dropped his face into her neck, nuzzling her lovingly, kissing her and nipping lightly at her tender flesh.

Then he groaned and dropped his hips into hers.

Neither of them thought anything of sliding together, completely bareback.

###

They made love all night, until they both fell into an exhausted sleep, tangled up in each other's arms.

Sean fell asleep first, having satisfied himself deeply within his woman. He held her close to his chest like she was his teddy bear, and snored lightly. He tended to snore if he slept on his back.

Lucy smiled as she listened to his breathing deepen as he fell asleep. She stayed awake much longer than him, however, thinking.

She traced her nails lightly over his chest, absently dropping kisses to his shoulder every now and then.

Even after years apart and then going to Dallas and pursuing her own passions for six years, even after making new friends, and finding herself, and even dating other guys, she had still never fully gotten over her ex-boyfriend who had left her broken-hearted.

Loving him had never been the problem.

The sex had certainly never been the problem, either.

Lucy got all flushed and breathless just remembering their interactions of only a few moments ago.

She had given herself to him, shamelessly and completely, there was no denying that.

It had been no new thing, for either of them. They both knew each other well. Still, as many times as they had made love before, this had felt different somehow. Maybe it was simply because they had both grown up; he'd probably gained plenty more experience than she had.

Lucy tried to block these dark thoughts from her mind as she lay cuddled with him now.

Lucy closed her eyes, turning her face into his chest and snuggling a little more closely against him.

They could deal with the reality of the consequences tomorrow.

~ ~ ~

Hope ya'll are all having a great beginning to 2018!

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment, and/or Share!

HRH