Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Heart of the Rose

It was the most gorgeous ring she had ever seen.

The band was rose gold with a huge solitaire diamond in a princess cut, surrounded by smaller, snowy white diamonds.

Just looking at it quite literally took her breath away. Her eyes predictably filled with tears of sweet hope.

She found that her throat was oddly constricted at the moment and that she couldn't even form words properly. She managed to nod as she sniffled, then laughed as he grinned and gained his feet once more.

He swept her into his arms and kissed her all over her face; kissing up all her tears.

They both looked down in breathless happiness as he slid the ring onto the wedding finger of her left hand. It fit perfectly, not that she'd had any doubts.

She could hardly believe it was really happening; that Sean really wanted to marry her. She was half afraid that she was going to wake up at any moment to find that it was all just an elusive, wishful thinking dream.

As Sean lifted her in her arms and spun around with her, she closed her eyes and buried her face in his shoulder. Breathing him in, she clung to him tightly. She would never let go, if it was up to her.

He was her family now.

~~~

Wow, short chapter! LOL

Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! And hope this perks up your midweek blues, if you're having them!

Cheers and as always, thanks for reading!

Your comments, feedback, shares, and most importantly, VOTES! mean the world to be, by the way!

HRH