Chapter 3 (Edited)

A/N: Anyways, this is dedicated to @xxFatherOfLukexx because it is her birthday weekend. I forgot when her bday is. D: I am a bad friend... oops. xD Anyways, she asked me to update this book and a couple of others, so I will be doing those... as well as the books that I have not updated yet... oops.

And now, onto the chapter.

Peace out Fluffy Munchkin

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________

As the months went on, I had gotten closer and closer to my mate. I was babysitting her more often than I had been because it turned out that Fiona, Lizzie's mother, was pregnant and had given birth to a somewhat healthy baby boy named Adler.

I could tell that she hated being a bigger sister only because she wasn't getting any quality time with her parents. Neither of them picked her up from school because her mother was still weak and her father was either working or with her.

When they did have quality time, mainly movie nights in the living room, they both were asleep while it played. And, when they were asleep during them, Lizzie usually went to my office because she knew that I would be there catching up on some work.

She stayed quiet about the time that she lost with her parents, but I could tell that it was hurting her. She wanted to tell me how she was feeling, but I could tell that she didn't want to bother me with her feelings and her "irrational" thoughts.

"How was school?" I asked as she got into my car. I glanced at her to see that she looked really tired. I was worried and a bit angry at her parents for not helping her or paying attention. I could tell that she really wanted someone there with her or at least be able to help out with her new baby brother.

"Boring," she said, not looking at me. She watched as the school got smaller as I made our way back to the packhouse. "I punched a guy, though."

I raised an eyebrow and looked back at her through the rearview mirror. I was mildly impressed that she punched a guy and wanted to know why. "Really? Why?"

"He was flicked up my skirt to show people my Spiderman undies," she replied. She noticed me tensing and start to get a little jealous. "I think he is gay," she commented, causing me to raise an eyebrow in question. "He was ogling the school bully before that."

I took a deep breath and tried to relax myself. "Did you go to the principal's office?" I asked, causing her to nod.

"They couldn't reach Daddy, so I told them to call you. That seemed to stop the principal from doing anything else, and I noticed the fear in her eyes." She looked up at me and smiled. "The look told me that she thought you were scary."

I bit back an amused chuckle. I have never laid a hand on anyone that didn't deserve it, so I had no idea as to why her principal was afraid of me. "I never did receive a phone call," I said, amused. "Do you remember my cell number?" I asked, causing her to give me a weird look.

"I am five, not three," she retorted. She looked out the window and sighed, sadly. Lizzie folded her arms across her chest and scowled. "And, I am definitely not a baby."

"Do you hate Adler?" I asked, looking back at her before looking at the road. I prayed to the Moon Goddess that she would open up to me. I didn't really want to pry, but I could tell that she was hurting.

"Not really..." Lizzie said, honestly. She licked her lips and sighed. "But, that doesn't mean I am particularly not fond of him."

"Why are not you fond of him?" I asked.

"Because, he is taking all the time my parents has for him away from me," Lizzie replied. She wiped her eyes, and I could tell that she was trying not to cry. "It makes me feel like I am unimportant enough for them." She sniffled. "And what time I do have with them, they are asleep. No offense, but I am tired of trying to watch a movie with them only for them to fall asleep and then go to your office because I can't enjoy the movies because of Papa snoring."

My heart broke for her. I understood what she was going through because I was the oldest child out of ten. I was younger than her when my sister was born, but I could remember feeling jealous. "Do they let you hang out with your little brother?" I asked, causing her to shake her head.

"I want to help," she said. "But, they won't let me. They think I will "hurt" him. I mean, I want to heal him, but they won't let me do that. The Pack Doctor said that it would be fine, but Papa said no."

"Why?" I asked. I was curious as to why her father wouldn't let her help. I was there when she helped heal Parker's face and helped her mother as well. "I mean, you healed Parker's jaw and helped your mother too."

Lizzie giggled, gracing me with a smile. "I liked healing Parker's jaw. He shouldn't have tested my strength." She puffed out her chest, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "I am Nosac born. I am the greatest warrior. Hear me roar." She paused for "dramatic effect". "Meow."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Wolves don't meow," I said, causing her to stick her tongue out at me. "How about you hang out with my family? Mom wants me home for some reason, so why don't you come along? We'll have to ask your dad though."

Lizzie's face was filled with excitement when I said that I'd take her to meet my family but the fell when I said something about her father. "But, what if Papa doesn't make time for me?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper. "He doesn't make much time for me as it is."

I clenched my jaw in annoyance as my wolf growled out in anger. I made sure that my body remained calm because I didn't want Lizzie to know that I was annoyed with her father. 'Harrison, I need you to meet me in my office, please,' I linked him as soon as we made it to the pack land.

'Yes, Beta,' Harrison replied, sounding rather distant.

"He and your mother will make time for you," I promised, looking up at Lizzie. "You have my word."