Chapter 7 (Edited)

I watched as Lizzie bounced up and down as she was waiting for her track meet to start. I could tell that she was bored and not anxious about the race because of the smile on her face.

She turned towards the stands and grinned when she saw me. The smile on her face grew brighter as she waved at me, causing me to smile and wave back.

I smirked when she looked towards her coach and rolled her eyes before getting into position. "Silly girl," I said, softly.

The gun went off, causing the young girls to start running. Everyone was doing good, and Lizzie pulled to the front. She lead the girls around the track, all of them falling behind.

They had made it halfway across the track before someone tripped and fell.

Lizzie slowed down and turned towards the girl who was holding her ankle a frown on her face. She looked towards the stands and nodded her head when she got a signal that she was waiting for.

I watched as she turned around and ran back to the girl that had fallen. I concentrated on her conversation with the girl and the helper that was with them.

"Do you want to cross the finish line?" Lizzie asked, holding out her hand to the other girl.

"She should get that ankle checked out," a man said. He scowled at my mate, and I could tell that he didn't like her.

"She will," Lizzie insisted. "But, what if she wants to finish the race? I am stronger than I look."

"We need to get the other race started," one of the volunteers said. "If she wants to do it then we should get them going."

"I want to do it, Daddy," the little girl said. She had this stubborn look on her face, and I could tell that Lizzie had rubbed off of her. "Please?"

Her father nodded her head, his face softening. "Ok," he said. He looked at my mate, scowling. "If she hurts herself worse..."

"Then, I take full responsibility," she replied. She looked at the little girl and held out her hand. "Come on, let's go and finish this race."

The little girl clasped hands with my mate and let her pull her up.

Cheers filled the stands as both Lizzie and the girl started to walk towards the end of the finish line. Excitement and words of encouragement as they grew closer to the finish line. The cheers grew louder as they crossed the finish line, with Lizzie in last place.

"And, the one with the heart of gold will lead us to greatness," Harrison said from beside me, causing me to look at him. He looked at me, his face calm and his eyes hard. "You are going to have to decide, Axel. Who are you going to serve?"

I stared at him confused. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I had a small feeling that it had to deal with Lizzie. "Sir?" I asked, pressing him for more information.

"Figure it out," Harrison said. He patted my shoulder before starting to walk to his daughter.

I watched after him, my brows furrowed. I knew that there was something that he was hiding from me, and I couldn't help but wonder if it had to do with the fact that the king was a puppet as Harrison had told me two years ago.

I shook my head and sighed, rubbing my forehead. I knew that I was going to have to figure it out, but it annoyed me to no end that my mate's father would not give me a straight answer.

'Stop thinking about it, Beta, and come down,' Harrison said, linking me. 'Your mate is waiting for you.'

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts. I knew that I was going to have to worry about it later. But, for right now, my mate wanted me, and I was going to make her happy with my presence just like she had requested.

***

I watched as she chowed down on her ice cream, her face covered with chocolate it.

Lizzie noticed me staring at her and furrowed her brows. "What?" she asked, cocking her head. "Why are you looking at me with that goofy look?"

I shook my head. "Your face is covered with ice cream," I replied. I leaned a bit forward and narrowed my eyes. "And, I think you got ice cream on your forehead."

Lizzie huffed and took the napkin her father had given her and wiped her face. "This is why I get a cup and not a cone," she grumbled. She turned towards me and made a face, causing me to smile. "Did I get everything?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied, nodding my head. "Why did you get a cone this time?" I asked, sticking the spoon back into the cup. I leaned back and smirked at my mate, causing her to scowl at me. "You normally get a cup."

"Well, I wanted to be like Papa," she replied. She looked at her school uniform and scowled, trying to clean some of the ice cream off of it. "But, I made a big mess."

"Don't worry, that is why I didn't a cone," I said, causing Lizzie to snort. "And, Donovan decided to stick an ice cream cone on my forehead."

Lizzie snorted. "Really?" she asked, causing me to nod my head. "Why?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "I think that he wanted to be a pain in the butt, and I refused to give him some of my ice cream."

Lizzie shook her head and tsked. She finished the rest of her ice cream and wiped her face before putting the napkin and paper into my cup. "Did he have his own ice cream?" she asked, causing me to nod my head. "What happened to it?"

"It fell on the ground," I replied. "Caroline was play fighting with Gerald, and they accidentally knocked Donovan over." I shrugged. "It happens when you have a lot of siblings. There are lots of play fights and arguments and siblings getting in each other's way."

Lizzie huffed and laid her head on the table with a groan. "Papa, am I going to have more brothers and sisters?" she asked.

"It depends," Harrison said, taking a sip of his drink. "It is all on your mother. If she wants more kids, then, you will be having more siblings."