babysitting ❋ e.d

1125 words
FIRST PERSON

"babe, can you babysit my niece and nephew with me tonight?" i asked.

my sister, y/s/n, just texted me and asked if i could babysit her kids tonight for three hours. *sry if u don't have a sister:/*

"yeah, sure. i can show you that i would be a good dad." ethan said, kissing my forehead.

"thank you." i giggled.

"but do you think they'll like me?" he asked quietly.

"what? of course they will! who wouldn't love you? also, they're both identical twins." i smiled and he smiled back.

two hours later

*diNg DoNG*

"i'll get it!" i yelled upstairs.

i opened the door and looked down, seeing my four year old niece, gabbie, and my four year old nephew, sam. they both had big smiles on their faces.

"y/n!" they both said at the same time.

they hugged me and i picked them up.

"hi, guys! oh my gosh, i missed you so much!" i looked at the both of them and kissed their foreheads.

i put them down and said hi to my sister, and she told me about where she was going.

we were talking when she looked over my shoulder and smiled lightly. i turned around and saw ethan walking up to me.

"oh! um...ethan, this is y/s/n, my sister. and y/s/n, this is ethan, my boyfriend." i said.

they said hello and shook hands. right before my sister left, she looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"you did good, sis." she whispered and glanced at ethan. i laughed and rolled my eyes.

"bye, hun."

"i'll pick them up at 8:30!"

y/s/n drove off, so i closed the door and turned around, facing gabbie and sam. they looked up at ethan.

"who are you?" gabbie asked.

"my name's ethan." he giggled a little. i crouched down to get to their eye level.

"he's a twin, too. he has a twin brother named grayson." i said.

their eyes lit up and they both looked at each other.

"cool! you're just like us!" sam said excitedly, pointing at ethan.

ethan and i exchanged grins.

"okay. so what do you guys wanna do first?" i stood back up and leaned my elbow on ethan's shoulder.

"ooh! hide and seek! i'll count!" gabbie said happily.

she covered her eyes and started counting to ten as we all ran to go hide. she found sam first, and started chasing him, but then we heard a thud. ethan and i ran into the living room and saw sam on the floor.