& nothing more - g.d

660 words

third person

for ale<3

she laughed, her eyes gazing down at the bright screen of her phone. 

"what'cha laughing at?" her boyfriend asked, lifting his head up from the brownies that were cooling down on the kitchen counter and looking over at her with a light smile, amused at her joyful mood.

"oh, nothing..." she smiled to herself, looking up at him.

"... just my friend adrien, he's so funny!" she giggled again, looking back at the text messages between the two. 

grayson walks over to ale, looking at the phone with her. the contact name read 'adrien<3.' grayson's muscles tightened. 

"why is there a heart next to his name?" he asked quietly to try and not lash out at her. he's met adrien before; he was handsome, to say the least. he makes her laugh- makes her smile. 

grayson hated adrien. 

"is that a problem? he's my best friend." her voice was stern. she knew adrien as a "threat" to grayson, and that he gets jealous...

too jealous.

"i mean, yeah, kinda! i always see him flirting with you whenever he's around!" the boy raised his voice a little, making her jump slightly.

"grayson, i've told you this already- he's just my friend! i don't like him like that, i'm serious!" she yelled at him. she was annoyed with the fact that her boyfriend still doesn't believe her.

"do you not trust me? we've been together for two years!" the girl's coco-colored eyes started getting glossy.

"honestly, ale, i don't really know anymore! you always seem to be flirting and playing around with him... just like how we used to!" the boy's loud voice yelled at her, intimidating her. she's never really seen this side of grayson. 

'so our relationship isn't all flirting and playing around anymore?'

she mustered up enough courage, pushing back the tears and said quietly, "get this in your head: adrien and i are friends," she got up out of her chair and looked up at his towering figure.

"and nothing more."

she grabbed her backpack and phone, pushing past the boy and storming out of his house, driving back to her own. a few hot tears rolled down her red cheeks and onto the sun kissed skin on her thighs.

after a few hours of many calls and texts from her boyfriend, she saw one notification that stood out from the rest: 

babyboy!

(1) voicemail

ale felt her face heat up. she opened her phone and listened to the voicemail.

"ale... baby, i'm so sorry, i know i overreacted before..." ale rolled her eyes, 'overreacted' is an understatement.

"... and i should've just trusted you when you said that you and adrien are nothing but friends." he paused, and sighed.

"i'm sorry that i'm so clingy and overprotective. i just- i love you, ale, and i really think that we're made for each other, as cliche as it sounds." a tear rolled down the girls face as those words filled her mind; the words she's never heard him say before.

"i never meant to hurt you. i never thought in a million years i would, and somehow i did."

"you don't deserve me-" the voicemail ended and she grabbed her keys, getting back into her car and speeding down to grayson's house.

she knocked on the door and he answered it, seeing the love of his life looking up at him with her tear stained face. 

she jumped into his arms, kissing him with a new feeling... love.

"i love you, too." she whispered against his lips, a few tears slipping and falling onto his cheeks.

"i'm so sorry, angel." he only calls her angel when he's serious. she pulled her face away and rubbed her thumbs across his red cheeks.

"don't apologize for loving someone." she looked into his eyes and bumped noses with him.

"okay." he whispered, kissing her again and putting his hand through her shiny brown hair.

they were in love;

and nothing more.

🦋 @buginettenoir 🦋

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬

written 1 / 31 / 20

published 2 / 6 / 20