cupcake - g.d

991 words
first person

for harper

"babygirl..."

i shift in bed, slowly waking up and opening my eyes to see his figure hovering above me.

"hey, guess what?" grayson whispered. he has his hands next to my shoulders, holding him up above me, with a big smile on his face that made me smile back.

"what?" i shift my body so i'm facing him.

"it's someone's birthday today." he giggled as i sat up.

"gee... i wonder who's birthday it is." my smile grew. my hands were on the sides of his face and i pulled him in slowly for a peck on the lips.

"harper, it's yours!" grayson said excitedly.

"mm- cool, but can we just lay here for a while? come cuddle me." i held out my hands and grabbed his, pulling him down next to me. i turned my back to him and his chest pressed up against my warm back. a wave of chills went down my body as his hand traveled to my bare waist under the covers. he played with the strings of my sweatpants and i giggled softly, making him giggle back. he left soft kisses behind my ear and on the back of my neck, pulling me somehow closer to him. he played with the ends of my brunette hair, and i let out a relaxed sigh.

we ended up falling asleep for another hour, i got woken up by grayson on top of me once again, kissing my shoulder and neck.

"it's noon! we've got a whole day ahead of us! get your lazy ass up!" grayson laughed, pulling me up and kissing my lips.

"come on, i wanna give you one of your presents!" grayson hopped off my bed and ran downstairs, acting like a little kid on christmas morning. i laughed at his childish behavior and followed him, throwing a hoodie over my half naked body.

"wait, did you say one of them?" i stopped at the bottom of the steps, where he was, holding out a box messily wrapped in newspaper.

i took it and looked up at him. i laughed, he was blushing.

"yeah, i'm not the best at wrapping boxes...sorry." he scratched the back of his neck and i hugged him.

"you're cute. thank you, baby." i looked up at his light hazel eyes, he was staring back down at my blue ones.

"your eyes look green today, harper." he said calmly, still staring at me.

"weird, you said they looked blue yesterday." i smirked at him and started unwrapping the gift.

there was a vans box inside, holding the green slip-ons that i've been wanting.

"grayson! you didn't!" i beamed, he chuckled and smiled back.

"i did, and that's only part of your gift. the next is-" grayson started saying but was cut off by the faint sound of thunder above us.

"-lunch... at the beach. well, i guess that's out." he continued, groaning.

"awh, it's okay, baby, we can stay here and cuddle. i kinda just wanted to have a lazy day anyway." i stepped closer to him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"yeah, but i'm still mad. it was supposed to rain tomorrow, not today!" he really did sound disappointed, i felt bad.

"...oh, hey! we still haven't had that smash bros. rematch we've been talking about!" i jumped up and down and pulled him over to the couch, grabbing the controllers and turning the tv on.

"by the way, thank you for the shoes, gray." i leaned over and kissed his cheek. he pulled me in for a hug and left kisses on my head.

"you're welcome." he said in a giddy voice, making me laugh.

we spent the rest of the day on the couch, watching cheesy romance movies and playing video games, then we ate the cupcakes he made.

"so, i thought you said you were making a cake. cupcakes?" i asked him, biting into the pink and white icing that was swirled on top.

"yeah, because cupcakes are cuter, and you're my cupcake." he said the last part quietly, leaning over the table to kiss me.

after a few seconds he broke off, the sugary kiss still lingering on my lips.

"why'd you stop?" i looked at his lips and he grinned, putting his cupcake down and running over to me. our lips collided and he picked me up, holding my legs around his waist. this went on for a little while until we had to pull apart for air.

"wow..." i chuckled, out of breath.

he started laughing but his expression quickly changed and he gasped lightly, putting me down and running upstairs.

"go sit on the couch!" he yelled from upstairs.

"why?" i yell back, sitting down and covering my eyes just for fun.

i hear footsteps running down our hardwood staircase and grayson panting. i noticed grayson get down on his knees in front of me and stand in between my legs.

"you don't have to cover your eyes." he giggled and grabbed my hands, pulling them away from my face and placing small kisses on my knuckles.

"so, here's another present. i hope you like it." he handed me a small box wrapped with a white ribbon.

"hmm... ooh! is it a dinosaur?! i've always wanted one of those!" i joked, earning a chuckle while i untied the ribbon.

i opened the box to see two diamond encrusted studs in it, and i covered my mouth.

"grayson, these are... so beautiful- these must've costed you so much!" i looked at him and he smiled.

"the cost doesn't matter. as long as you like them." he propped his arms up on my thighs to hold his chin up.

"are you kidding? i love them. thank you so much, babyboy. i love you so much." grayson grinned and gently pulled my chin towards him, softly connecting our lips.

"happy birthday, cupcake." he mumbled against the kiss, still grinning.

🦋@marieclarey123🦋
~ sorry it took so long! ~

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬