camp - e.d

656 words
FIRST PERSON

"hello?" i hear his groggy morning voice.

"hi, what time are you picking me up again?" i whisper into the phone, my parents were still asleep since it was really early.

"7:30." ethan groaned. not gonna lie, his voice kinda turned me on.

"okay. see you then." i whisper and hang up. i hop out of bed and open my curtains, seeing the pale orange sky as the sun rises. i smile and start packing.

i throw together my camping essentials, minus the food and tent, the boys took care of that.

7:30 came faster than i thought as i heard a car horn coming from outside. i wrote a note and stuck it on my parent's door, it said "camping trip! c u soon! love, y/n." i softly closed my front door as i ran to the car.

"hi!" grayson beamed as i hopped in the back seat next to ethan. since gray always drives, ethan always sits in the back with me to keep me company.

"hey, beautiful." ethan gave me a little smile, his words making my cheeks flush.

we got to the campsite late because of traffic and multiple bathroom stops, so the sun was already beginning to set.

after talking and catching up with everyone, we set up the tents. i slept in the same tent as the twins, next to ethan, who was in between gray and i. i was supposed to share a tent with my friend, but she decided her boyfriend should come last minute, so that didn't work out.

time skip

everyone was asleep except for me. for some reason the thought of sleeping in the woods scared me. i shifted around a little, accidentally waking ethan up.

"hey... what's wrong, can't sleep?" he whispers.

"sorry for waking you up but... no." i play with my fingers nervously.

"wanna sit outside? i'm pretty sure the stars are out." ethan sits up.

"sure." i say softly, putting on my flip flops.

ethan pulls two beach towels out and starts walking toward the coastline, our campsite was surrounded by a giant lake.

"where are we going?" i try staying close to him.

"you wanna look at the stars, right?" we get to the clearing and he spreads out the towels.

we both lie down and stare up at the clear night above us. the sky was crowded with big clusters of little stars.

"wow... i've never seen so many stars in my life." i chuckle, amazed at the view. out of the corner of my eye i see ethan look at me, but i keep my gaze on the stars.

ethan sits up and drags his finger through the sand. he had a look of hesitation on his face.

"e, you alright?" i sit up too and lightly put my hand on his arm.

he lets out a sigh and closes his eyes.

"ethan, say som-"

"do you wanna go out sometime?" he blurts out. he opens his eyes and looks over at me sheepishly.

i grin and push a piece of hair behind my ear.

"no."

"w-what?" he turns to face me.

"i'm kidding, i'm just kidding, ethan." i laugh, making him put his hand through his hair.

"you're dead- i thought you were serious!" he grins and gets up, running after me.

he chased me across the sand, with me laughing uncontrollably. he eventually caught up to me and wrapped his arms around me while spinning around. our eyes locked after our laughs died down. my arms around his waist and his hands barely on my hips, which was so cute. the green specks in his eyes were shining in the moonlight.

"i would love to go out with you, grant." i put my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat- fast, but soft. he left the softest kiss on the top of my head and squeezed me in a hug.

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬