generation y - e.d

601 words

SONG: GENERATION WHY
ALBUM: SUNSET SEASON
ARTIST: CONAN GRAY

i called a friend
"let's meet at ten"
go wherever we want
'cause no one cares that we're gone

"hey, ethan, meet me at my house at ten. i'm sneaking out."

"what? your parents are gonna kill you!"

"they won't care if i'm gone."

y/n heard a pebble tap against her low bedroom window fifteen minutes later. she opened it up and there stood ethan, hands in his pockets and a big smile on his face.

she managed to climb out quietly and close the window behind her, with ethan holding her on his shoulders. once she got down they both ran to his car and drove off.

"where to?" ethan tapped his fingers on the wheel.

"wherever we want."

so do you wanna rot in your room like we always do?

they just laid on her bed, facing the celling, dazed and confused as fuck.

the melancholy music rang throughout the room, making both their minds go blank and rot from the lack of joy and the static sounds of the record player blasting 'belly (the grass stains)'.

then get in your car and laugh 'til we both turn blue

ethan had the idea to steal his brother's bronco for the night, put blankets and pillows in the big trunk of it and have a sleepover with y/n.

the whole night consisted of pizza, playing super smash bros on ethan's nintendo switch, trying to throw m&m's and reese's pieces in each others mouths, and watching 80's and 90's movies on y/n's laptop.

'cause at this rate of earth decay
our world's ending at noon
could we all just move to the moon?

"i hate this." he mumbled.

"hate what?"

"how everyone is always complaining but not doing anything about it."

"there are just so many problems with los angeles." she sighed, knowing there's no way the two of them could fix any problems.

that's when an idea buzzed into ethan's head.

"let's move back to jersey." he said, eyes bright.

"wha- dude, you're insane." she laughed.

"no, really. let's airbnb a house for a little bit and enjoy ourselves before the world collapses around us." he giggled.

"maybe we should move to the moon instead." she played with her fingers.

"why?"

"because there's no one there to piss me off anyway."

we're livin' night to night
since we're bound to die
oh, what's the use in trying?

his phone vibrated. it was her.

"meet me @ the yellow cafe right after school."

the last bell rings, he rushes over to the place they hang out at way too often. there she was, sitting in the same booth as always, strawberry milkshake in front of her, looking outside at the rain tapping against the giant celling-to-floor windows.

"what's wrong? you only get strawberry milkshakes when something's on your mind." he slid into the wide seat across from her and stuck a second straw into her drink, sharing it.

"i'm seventeen and i still don't know what to do with my life."

"then don't go to college right away. i'm not, i'm taking a year off-"

"-we can have a year long vacation together." she added on.

"whatever you want." he grinned. she blushed lightly.

"why try getting into a good college right now if i don't know what i'm applying for, right?" she shrugged and took a sip.

"what's the use in college? we're all bound to die anyway..." he mumbled the last part and she chuckled, pushing him playfully as he laughed back.

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬