carnival - e.d

553 words
FIRST PERSON

"what do you wanna do tonight?" ethan leaned on the counter with his elbows holding him up. he looked up at me as i played with the strings on my hoodie.

"ooh! let's go to the carnival! it opened a few days ago!" i said excitedly.

"okay, cool. i'll grab grayson." ethan stood up straight and ran to his room with me trailing behind. i sat on the edge of his bed and we talked while he got ready.

i watched as he looked through his many shirts and felt tiny butterflies when he pulled his shirt over his head.

"grayson!"

"what!"

"we're going to the carnival, wanna come?!"

"... sure!"

ethan and i giggled and walked out of the room. i called emma, deon, (@ okdeon on instagram:)) and bryant and asked if they wanted to come and they said yes.

an hour later

once we picked up deon, emma, and bryant, we pulled up to the county fair, a pop up carnival that shows up around the beginning of summer time.

"guys, i wanna go on the tilt-a-whirl first!" i pulled grayson's hand like a child. he giggled and we all ran over. i ended up getting cramps from the amount of laughing.

we got funnel cake and cotton candy, and bryant won me a big stuffed lobster.

"what should i name it?" i held the plush close.

"larry!"

"sexy!"

"grayson!"

"raini rodriguez!"

we all started cracking up and yes, i named it raini rodriguez.

ethan's pov

after tons of rides, games, and snacks, we decided to end the night with the ferris wheel.

i saw y/n standing next to me all tense, with her arms crossed over her chest.

"are you cold?" i asked and she nodded her head a little.

i pulled her into my arms and held her, earning a beautiful smile from her.

i grinned back down at her, seeing grayson stare at us and tell the rest of the group from the corner of my eye.

"what? she was cold." i mouthed to them and they all made sarcastic faces.

once we got to the front of the line, emma and deon went on one cart and grayson and bryant went in another, leaving me and y/n. it was one of those carts that holds two people and your feet can dangle off. we took some pictures, my favorite was this one:

we actually got to the top of the ferris wheel and, surprise, fireworks were going off right then and there

we actually got to the top of the ferris wheel and, surprise, fireworks were going off right then and there. we both got startled by the loud boom and then laughed like maniacs.

she scooted closer to me and put her head in the crook of my neck, making my face heat up. i looked down at her, she looked so content and calm. a light smile spread across her face as a gold and shimmery firework boomed, those are her favorite.

"i wish fireworks were legal without a license..." she mumbled and i laughed.

her body against mine gave me chills from the amount of warmth (that makes sense right?) and her hands played with my fingers. i started up at the fireworks every time she looked at me, and vice-versa.

she is so perfect,
it's unbelievable.

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬