whiskey - g.d

735 words
heat wave + snail mail
FIRST PERSON

don't play song till it says;)

"on rocks?" the bartender said.

"no, thank you." i took out my wallet and put a ten on the counter.

i heard the front door open amplifying the sounds of the cars passing outside. i looked across the bar to see who it was. it was this really beautiful girl, she had a guitar case in one hand and a backpack on her back. her hair was shoulder length, it was blonde and had bluish gray color at the ends. the top was covered by a black beanie and round aviator shaped glasses sat on the bridge of her nose. she caught me staring and smiled. she had this gorgeous smile, and her green eyes lit up. i smiled back.

after i got the drink, i started making my way over to say hi. she put her backpack and case down, taking her guitar out and setting everything up along with other people on the stage.

"hey." i said. she looked up at me and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"hi." she smiled lightly.

"you play here?" i asked, pointing to her black electric guitar.

"yeah, sometimes. just for some extra cash." she said.

"so...what are you gonna play?" i put my hands in my pockets.

"just some covers, boring, i know." she sighed.

"it's not boring. i actually really like covers." i blushed as she grinned and giggled.

"maybe after you're done playing i can...buy you a drink?" i put my hand on the back of my neck.

"i'd love that, and...your name is?" she fixed the glasses on her face, which was the cutest thing.

"grayson." i held my hand out and she shook it.

"amilia." she bit her lip and smiled.

"oh, i gotta go on, it was nice meeting you!" she said, turning to walk up onto the stage.

there were only about thirty people in the bar, and i sat at one of the bar stools closer to the stage.

"uh...hi. we don't really have a band name yet, and we're just here to do some covers. so, um...this one's called heat wave, by snail mail." (play song now) she put the guitar strap over her head and glanced over at me, smiling. i gave her a thumbs up.

it was just her on the guitar and vocals, some dude on the drums, and another girl as the bass guitar and back up singer.

honestly, she sang better than the actual artists. it was so good, i enjoyed every second of it.

after a few more songs, the whole bar applauded and cheered, and they all bowed on the stage. she came over to me with a big smile on her face.

"hey, you did really good!" i said, giving her a hug.

"thanks! i actually feel like that was one of the best ones!" she chuckled and pulled away.

"so, about that drink." i took out my wallet and patted the seat next to me.

"i'll just have a beer. i have to drive home."

"one beer and one whiskey, no rocks." i told the bartender.

-✻-

we totally hit it off. we had so much in common and she was so chill. as cliche as it sounds, i really think there was a spark. and she might think so, too.

"well, tonight was a lot of fun but i better get going." amilia said, grabbing her things.

"uh, hey, i'll walk you to your car." i said, walking towards the door with her.

once we got outside, she put her case in the front seat and put the seatbelt on it just to make me laugh.

"thanks for the drink. that was really sweet." she smiled softly.

her green eyes glistened from the light of the street lamps, and the lip gloss she had on made her lips look irresistible.

i reached for her hand softly and held her index finger, leaning in slowly. she leaned in too, looking into my eyes. our lips attached together gently and she wrapped her arms around my torso. my hands found their way to her waist and she smiled against the kiss.

she pulled away and hummed.

"you taste like whiskey." she said quietly.

"is that a good thing?" i questioned, putting my forehead on hers.

"it's addictive." she smiled and pulled my shirt collar closer and kissed me again, catching me off guard.

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐬