9. Mine

Sorry for the slow update, I've been drowning on assignments and I barely had time for anything else.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Vote, comment, let me know what you think!

******

"Taylor!"

Hannah shouted in an 'I'm so freaking happy to see you' kind of way as she waved at a guy on the field, her hand stopping inches from my face.

I scooted away just in case she lost control of her motions and I ended up at the emergency room with a bluish bruise on my face. Then I watched as the guy in question looked up searching the mostly empty bleachers for whoever had called his name.

Considering Hannah was standing on one waving her hand frantically calling for attention, she was impossible to miss. His eyes came to rest on us and his face broke into a wide smile. Even at a distance I could tell the guy was attractive although not on a drop dead, breath hitching, heart stopping kind of way as Ryan.

But he was his own category all right.

My eyes drank in his fluid movements as he took of his helmet, revealing a tousled brown mane. Then directed his gaze back to the field where the coach and a few members of the team, Ryan among them, were having a disagreement about the score.

It looked like it would take a while.

He might have thought the same because he left his place on the field and started jogging towards us. His helmet tucked under his arm.

He hadn't even reached us yet when Hannah threw herself at him letting out a girlie squeak, her arms going around his neck. Thank goodness he was thoughtful enough to brace before the impact or else they would have tumbled to the ground.

It seemed like he was used to Hannah's displays of affection.

She squeezed the daylights out of him.

He just stood there and took it.

"Okay there," He said when he realized Hannah had no intention to let go. "We wouldn't want Owen to think I'm manhandling his girlfriend. Do we?"

"He knows you'd never do that. You're too loyal for your own good"

"Either way, I'd like to avoid picking up a fight on my first game. Leave that for next practice."

She laughed, gave him a last squeeze and let go.

I watched their exchange from my place on the bleachers a bit awkwardly and a bit uncomfortable, not knowing whether to but in on their conversation or if that would be considered rude. So instead I resorted to the first thing every breathing human being turns to when they find themselves in need to escape awkwardness: my cell phone.

I took it out of the pocket of my jeans and checked for any new notifications which were not that many considering I had just eight numbers on my contact list: My mother, my father, my stepmother --just in case I had an emergency and couldn't reach out to dad--, a friend from school back in Ohio, the school's number, Carlo's --the pizza place a few blocks from my house-- and recently I'd added Hannah and Layla.

I messed with my phone for a while as I listened in.

"I saw the pictures on instagram! Oh my god! They were so cool." Hannah exclaimed. I lifted my head from my phone to see she had taken a step back and was now balancing on the soles of her feet and clasping her hands together like an eager 6-year-old.

Taylor gave her an amused smile. "Yeah, best family trip by far. We went hiking to the Rockies. You should have seen my brother when we started climbing and he looked down," He chuckled. "He seemed about to pee his pants right there. Wish I could have taken a shoot."