32. Ego Boost

Half an hour later the door to Charlotte's bedroom opened and Ryan's blonde head peaked in. A wide smile spread across his lips when he caught me sitting on the bed listening to his sister's performance.

"There you are."

The sweet melody coming from the piano stopped as Char swirled to face the door. She gave her brother a pout realizing he was probably there to take me away.

"Fifteen minutes." She pleaded.

He didn't budge. "Sorry sis, your time's up."

On any other occasion Charlotte's pitiful look may have swayed him, but after hours of only sharing light touches in front of his mother I could tell I wasn't the only one craving some quality time. His eyes bore into me like he wanted to steal me away to a place where no one would dare interrupt us. And God help however tried to get in his way.

I pushed myself up from the white fluffy blanket already feeling the anticipation building in my stomach and walked over to give Char a hug. "You've got talent girl. That sounded beautiful."

"Thanks!" Char whispered in my ear.

"Sorry I have to bail on you, but I wouldn't put it past your brother to throw me over a shoulder typical ape man fashion if I don't go with him. Text me when you've got the day and time for your school concert yeah?"

Char chuckled and her arms gave me a squeeze before letting me go. "Sure."

With a last smile her way I walked out of the room or more like I was dragged away by the hand Ryan had clasped around my wrist. He didn't say anything as he pulled me inside a room two doors down wich I assumed was his.

Details of the room registered only barely. The coffee colored walls, the light carpet that looked so soft it made me wonder how it would feel under my bare feet, something I hoped to find out. The bed stood in the middle of the room and it was neatly made with olive sheets and a plush dark comforter. A few throw pillows had been arranged over it in a way that told me it hadn't been Ryan who had made it that way. A framed silver and blue football jersey with the word EVANS hang over the bed. His bag was thrown carelessly over a desk along with a pile of books. His room was exactly what you would expect a jock's room to look like.

I didn't have much time to take it in before I was pinned against the door with a strong warm body leaning over me. I blinked, my eyes slowly lifting to meet his, making a quick stop on the tempting curves of his mouth on the way up.

His stare bore into mine as he rested his forearms on either side of my head effectively caging me in. The muscles of his arms flexed and I had to bite my lip so I didn't jump him like a spider monkey. My hands came up to clutch the sides of his jumper of their own accord.

Ryan's gaze dropped to my mouth briefly.

"Ape man?"

Now I was biting my lips to contain the full on laugh that threatened to come out.

Even he had to admit that his possessive streak was too close to Tarzan banging his chest and crowning himself king of the jungle.

"Ape man?" He repeated when I didn't say a word.

"You have your days..." I trailed off, lips twitching.

"Did you just compare me to an ape?"

"Ape man." I corrected. "It's not the same. And the way you dragged me in here confirms I was right."

He leaned in, "Patience isn't a quality of mine."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't I know it. Lucky me you have plenty of qualities to make up for that."