Nobodys Perfect

(Nick)

Monica

My leg shook as I sat waiting for Carter's arrival. I kept looking at my face making sure my makeup wasn't running from all the sweating I was doing.

"For you." A voice from behind said and red roses came into my view.

I took them from Carter's hand and sat them to the side.

"Did you already order?" He asked taking a seat.

"I didn't come here to eat. I came to talk." I played with the bracelets on my wrist.

"Alright. You okay? You look sick."

"I am sick Carter." I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face. "I'm pregnant."

His smile widen. "Damn. Really?" He shook his head still smiling. "That's good baby." He leaned across the table trying to kiss me but I stopped him.

"It's not good Carter! Nothing about this is good! I'm thirty-four carrying a child by a man that beats me."

He sat back down and his smile slowly went away. "Mo I told you that was a one time thing."

"Fuck that!" I yelled causing people to look and stare. I took a deep breath and put my hands over my eyes. "This is too much. King's back and my other brother as well."

"Who?" Carter said and I saw his jaw clench tightly.

I looked up at him. "King. Miracle's father. Keep up."

"The fuck that Nigga-"

I held my hand up. "Stop. You knew he was gonna come back sooner or later."

He sighed and threw his head back knowing I was right.

"I don't know what to do." I admitted rubbing the stress out of my eyes.

"What you mean you don't know what to do?" Carter sneered. "You're not aborting my child if that's what you thinking get that out your damn head Monica."

"I'm not. Heavens no. I can't. And I also can't be with you."

I stood up from the table swooping up my purse and keys. While trying to walk away Carter grabbed my arm pulling me towards him. "You don't wanna be with me?" He looked at me with sympathy in his sexy brown eyes.

Don't fold Mo, don't do it girl.

"Carter, I just can't. I'll call you for doctors appointments and things like that but as far as us being a couple no. I'm sorry." I walked out the busy IHOP and entered my truck feeling like a strong woman.

Now all I have to do is come clean to King and the heavy weights will be lifted off my chest and maybe I'll be able to breath again.

In no time I found myself pulling into the garage. Walking up to front door I heard yelling followed by a loud crash. I swung the door opened seeing King had flipped the table over.

"What the hell is going on." I shut the door and placed my things down.

"Really sis! I thought playing house was for kids! But yet you had another man playing step daddy to Miracle!" Nick yelled. "Who is this Cardboard nigga anyways!"he added

"Nick-" King tried to stop him.

"Then you got the nigga beating your ass like Floyd Mayweather!" Nick added.

"NICK! SHUT UP!" King shouted.

My head turned towards Miracle.

"Sorry ma. At least I didn't tell him you were pregnant."