Sneak Peak! DBA 4

Monica

"Monica." My heavy head lifted slowly seeing the face I see every Thursday after work. My therapist, Dina.

"I'm ready for you now." She spoke showing two rows of white teeth. Her honey brown hair brushed against her neck as she pranced towards her office putting her left foot in front of her right.

I followed her after collecting my items. As soon as we entered her bright, earth-toned office, I instantly smelled vanilla bean coffee.

"Thirsty? I just made it not to long ago. It's still hot." She questioned closing the wooden door behind me.

"No." I answered dryly setting my stuff down while taking a seat on the fine leather couch that sat firm in the middle of the room.

"I've got muffins and donuts in the microwave. But if you're not hungry let's get started." She sat across from me with her notebook and my file. The same file she had been updating every since I'd been coming here for almost a year now.

Why do I even need a therapist? I'm fine. Or at least I think I am. I guess I'm one of those people that keeps their feelings bottled up and suffer quietly inside. I tell myself everyday that I'm okay when in reality I'm far from being fine.

Everything in my life changed the  day I found my nephew tied up in a hallway closet, the person that took me in when no one else wouldn't dead on my living room floor, and an empty crib that once contained my two week old baby boy.

All that was left in the crib was a teddy bear with a note attached that read 'I won'. I've never been the same since that day.

That was the day I became empty. It felt like everything I had once asked god for had been snatched away from me by the devil.

For so long I had been wishing and praying for a child and once I finally have on he gets taken from me in the blind of an eye.

After that incident I became an entire new person. I know longer felt alive. I had sunken into a deep hole and became depressed. So depressed I didn't eat for days. I passed out due to hydration and was sent to the hospital. From there Dr. Jax prescribes me anti depressants along with vitamins. They don't change a damn thing. I still walk around this place called earth feeling like a lifeless zombie.

My depression became so bad Dr. Jax went as far as making me see a therapist weekly. Which is why I'm here today. But this doesn't help either.

I don't know why he thought talking to a random person about my problems would make me feel better.

But I still continue to go to my appointments anyways just because it will give me someone to talk to since I hardly talk to anyone. Not even King.

He and I don't have the best relationship anymore, or shall I say marriage. We've become distant. Extremely distant. The 'I love you's' turned into a simple peck on the cheek and the 'good nights' turned into a smile then roll over to the other side of the bed. Some days we walk past each other and not say a thing.

I looked down at my phone seeing King's name along with a picture of him and our daughter roll across my screen. I sighed and declined it.

My love for King is still growing strong, don't get me wrong its just something that we lost for each other.

But I guess all married couples go through this stage. Right?

Miracle

My pen slowly started to fall out my hand as my eyes slowly started to close.

"Miracle wake up." Everleigh elbowed me causing my eyes to pop open.

I sighed and wiped the slob off of my mouth putting my attention back on the professor as he paced the front of the classroom going through the power pointe.

"You still hungover?" Everleigh questioned teasing me.

I rolled my eyes and ran my hands over my face trying to wipe the sleepiness away.

Last night we had a huge dorm party and of course it got crazy like every dorm party we have. There were spiked drinks being served and blunts being passed around. And of course that came to bite me back in the ass the next day.

"Now the next few slides will be on your test. I suggest you jot down a couple notes from each slide." The professor said and pressed his clicker going to the next slide.

I groaned and reached in my purse for some Advil to kill this painful headache. While fishing for my pain killers the doors in the back open.

"You're late." Professor said to the student that had entered.

"I'm sorry. I got lost."

"You new?"

"Yes sir."

"Ah. Okay. Well take a seat anywhere you'd like. Began taking notes." He instructed.

"Uh oh. Looks like the only empty seat is next to you." Everleigh pointed out.

I looked up and my eyes scanned the tall dark chocolate bar that stood looking for an empty seat to sit in. He wore classes that made him look like a sexy nerd and his braces stood out every time he spoke.

He came down our row.

"Is this seat taken?"

"Uh what?" I smiled not even realizing what he'd asked.

He chuckled.

"Movie your purse dummy." Everleigh butted it.

"Oh I'm sorry." I removed my purse from the seat and laid it on the ground next to my back pack and he took a seat taking off his all black Jansport book bag.

As he removed his blue jean jacket I caught a whiff of his fresh smelling cologne that filled my nose.

"Do you have a pencil?" He whispered.

I reached in my bag and pulled out a number two pencil and handed it over to him.

"Appreciate it. My names Devin." He held out his hand.

"Hi. I'm Miracle."

This book will be about their lives after the incident.

But MAINLY about Miracle.

I'll let you guys know when it's posted!

Thanks for reading!