Love & Hate

One hour until the banquet...

Monica

There was a loud roar of thunder followed by heavy raindrops falling on the rooftop. The strong wind blew the trees every which way and it was just an ugly sight outside.

"The weathers getting bad." Morgan said looking outside my bedroom window.

I sighed and continued on my makeup. I applied glue onto the faux eyelashes and pressed them on my eyelids after the glue had dried a little.

"It's suppose to be a storm." King said entering the room with his phone in his hands.

"And there's a flash flood warning out." Nick came in as well and turned on the television flipping to the news.

It just had to rain today. Out of all the days Mother Nature made it rain today.

"You still okay with doing this?" King asked as I applied foundation to my bare face. His entire expression screamed nervousness.

"Yea. It's just a little rain. It'll be fine. Besides I'll be inside the entire time."

"Mo girl I don't know about this." Morgan said still looking out the window at the rain.

"It's too late to turn back now." I picked up my concealer stick and began to put it under my eyes to hide the dark circles and bags.

"She's right. She turns back and Nick goes under." King rubbed his hand down his face and plopped down on the mini couch sitting in the corner.

Morgan sighed and took a seat as well.

"It's okay guys. I promise."

They all just sat around quietly and prayed while I finished my face along with my hair. I slicked down my edges then curled a little piece of hair that had messed up.

Afterwards I went and picked up my outfit from the bed. It was a tight fitted black dress that was laced up at the back. I would be wearing a green goose feather coat to cover up with. Then I was going to be wearing some knee high boots to set off the look.

Morgan was in the bathroom helping me put the dress on.

"The other day me and King set up cameras at the place."

"Why." I held my hair so it would get caught.

"To keep an eye on you. Just in case Carter wants to try some shit."

I laughed and shook my head.

After getting fully dressed Morgan put the ear chip inside my ear. It felt very uncomfortable but I didn't complain. It was going to help.

"Don't forget these." King handed me the earrings. I slipped them onto to my ear and did last minute touch ups to better my appearance.

While Morgan placed my necklace on I noticed Carter was calling.

"Hello?"

"You still coming right?" He asked confirming my attendance.

"Mhm I'm getting ready now. I should be leaving the house in a couple minutes."

"Alright see you there." He said before hanging up the phone.

I put my phone on the counter and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You're ready." Morgan smiled snapping my necklace in place.

I took a deep breath then walked into the bedroom.