▪ Chapter Five [Beach Day PT2] {Edited} ▪

I'm back once again with a new chapter. Thank you all who have been supporting me for the time this book has been out. I know it's only been two weeks but you guys have already helped me reach over 200 reads. It means a lot to me that people actually take the time out of their day to read this book. Anyways, I'm so sorry for not posting a chapter sooner, school was being a bitch so this is kinda late.

🗝Narrator's POV🗝

The group sat on the beach enjoying the summer heat, as the smell of the ocean filled the air and a light breeze of wind passed by every now and again. Joy was relaxing the sun, lying near the water with Astoria who was reading a book. LingLing was trying to cool herself down, turns out she wasn't that great with the heat, while Travis's head was resting in her lap (because Hawk dared him to). Meanwhile our lovely couple, AHEM, I mean Rose and Hawk were taking selfies together.

Joy and Astoria came back under the shade to cool down for a bit when Travis started getting hungry and so did the rest of the team.

"Guys, do we have any food?", Joy asked as she sat down under the tree.

"No, but we could always buy some", Rose said putting her phone down.

"Well why don't you go buy it? We're all getting hungry", Travis said.

"Fine, fine, I will. I'm gonna buy pizza anyone wanna come?", she asked and took her wallet.

"Can I come?", LingLing asked and Rose nodded.

The two girls left and began walking down the beach to a nearby pizzeria where they could buy the delicious food. The walk was quiet, when an idea came to her.

"Well LingLing, what was that with Travis back there?", she asked looking at the blue haired girl next to her.

"What do you mean? It was nothing", the blue haired girl responded, "It was a dare anyway."

"Nobody said you had to accept it", the Blondie responded.

"Whatever, and besides you and Hawk were acting more like a couple than anyone else", LingLing said as Rose went completely blank.

The walk became silent again and even more awkward than it already was.

They came back to their friends after around 15 minutes with two pizzas.

"So, what did you guys do while we were gone?", Rose asked sitting down.

"Nothing", Hawk replied, "Just missing you."

He whispered that last part, thinking nobody had heard him, turns out the Blondie next to him has great hearing so she definitely heard that, she just kept her mouth shut about it.

"Hey hottie, you look good", a man with black hair said as he came by the tree Rose and her team sat under.

Hawk was about to go full on attack mode before Rose spoke up: "I look way out of your league", with that said she continued eating.

The man just chuckled, he didn't look that much older than her, maybe just one or two years. He had very short black hair and dark brown eyes, he was also very unattractive. "Fiesty I see. I like that in a girl."

"She said back off you creep!", Hawk yelled glaring daggers at the boy, if looks could kill he'd be dead in seconds.

"Whatever. C'mon babe, my names Kyle and I can tell yours is even more beautiful. You aren't wearing that swimsuit for no one now are you?"

Rose said nothing, instead she dropped her pizza and stood up. She walked over to the slightly taller boy and just stood in front of him for a few seconds. Her face seemed unreadable for a few seconds. Then:

"Oh of course-", she said in a happy voice which made her teammates stare at her,"-I won't come with you! Who the frick do you think you are coming up to me and thinking you can just sweep me off my feet with stupid crooked teeth and non-existent abs!? I'll have you know I'd rather date a frog than you. At least the frog would have a brain larger than yours! Now move!"

She finished off with a hard slap with the back of her hand on one of the man's cheeks. She then hit him in the stomach with her elbow and returned to her seat on the blanket. He got scared and ran away instantly.

They were silent for a moment. Then Travis said: "Looks like those karate lessons worked out for ya, huh? Didn't know you had it in you."

Rose didn't reply, she just gave a smile, that you couldn't really call a smile but it wasn't a smirk either. She continued eating her food.

The rest of the team began eating their slices as well, however Hawk was just kinda there. He had literally witnessed a man that just tried to hit on Rose get roasted, slapped and punched as karma. Well if this is what was gonna happen to him, then he should just give up.

"What kind of flirting was that?", Astoria asked looking slightly disgusted.

"That was catcalling my friend", Travis responded and stuffed him mouth with the last slices of pizza.

"Hold on you took karate lessons?!"

🌌[TIME SKIP]🌌

As the day went by the team just sat at their nice little spot with mostly no one bothering them. It was nice finally not having to worry about giant dragons and monsters potentially attacking your school, having to protect anyone and then almost die....Well that became morbid quickly.

Anyways, as I was saying, it was now sunset time. Most people had already left the beach, minus a few that just got there to take a walk. However our little team of six had just began packing to return back to their home.

The day was a lot of fun, they had to admit it. Relaxing with each other was nice, minus the constand teasing Hawk got and whatever other stupid things the teammates had to pull on each other.

The incident with Kyle was long forgotten, to most at least. Hawk just couldn't let it go for some reason. He was enraged because he didn't stand up for her, but then again he had no idea what to do in that situation.

Hawk laid in his bed, the Sun had set a while ago now and everyone in the house was asleep, except him. He didn't know why it was bothering him so much. He just wanted to sleep tonight. He knew tomorrow was gonna be a day and it was almost midnight.

"Hawk? Why aren't you sleeping?", Hawk heard a voice whisper. He looked over to Rose's side of bed to see the blonde girl awake. She turned on the lamp on the bedside table.

"Is something wrong?", Rose asked him in a worried tone.

"No, I-I just can't sleep", Hawk replied not looking Rose in the eye.

"Hold on", Rose said and got up from her bed, "I'll be right back in a sec."

"Wait where are you-", he didn't get to finish because Rose was already out the room. He was confused. Where did she go? Why did she go? What was she doing?

After a minute or two Rose came back with a glass of hot milk. She sat down on the bed next to Hawk and gave him the glass of milk.

"Whaat?", Hawk asked looking confused as he took the glass.

"It's a glass of hot milk, I always used to drink it when I couldn't sleep", Rose replied, "Try it."

After Hawk drank the milk they both laid down and Rose turned off the lamp.

"Goodnight Hawk", Rose said with a yawn and almost immediately fell asleep.

"Goodnight Princess", Hawk replied and soon also felt sleepy, looks like Rose's trick worked because they were both over in dreamland within minutes.

👑To be continued........👑

🌸Thank you once again for reading this chapter. Please vote and comment your opinions I would love to hear them.🌸

1357 words