Chapter 2: The Party

I woke up in the afternoon. That blunt really had me rocked. I made my way to my bathroom to do my hygiene. When I looked in the mirror my hair was everywhere.

I brushed it down and did my edges. My phone lit up on my bed. I ran over and grabbed it. It was 4! I slept way to long. I got dressed and decided to take Ace and Alfa to the movies.

I headed over to my Mom's.

When I walked in the house Alfa was riding his hover board around. "Where's everyone?" I called as he rode to the din.

"Umi's sleep and Ace is with his girlfriend." He said reappearing. He stopped in front of me. "You want to go the movies?". He tapped his chin several times. "What are we going to go see?" He asked. "Black pan-.." He cut me off shaking his head.

"Nope my friends and I are going to see that tonight. Sorry Aunt Mani. Maybe next time sport." He said patting my shoulder before turning around and riding away.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't want to go with you anyway!" I teased. "Don't be a sap ass." He said riding past with a smirk.

They are mad spoiled. I guess I'll take myself to the movies.

I went to see black panther. It was in 3D and didn't end until like 6. It was getting dark when I came out so I drove home. I couldn't wait to get ready for this party. I want to get lit.

I was stalling time by watching Netflix. I looked down at my phone. It was 10 and I had 11 miss calls from Omari. When I called back I could hear the music and people in the background.

"You a no show? I sent you the addi." He laughed into the phone. "I'll be there." I said hanging up in his face again.

I took a shower then put on all white high waisted jeans, a baige crop top, and hills. I did my hair and make up. I took one last look in my full body mirror  before heading to the party.

The address he sent me was the house I sold him. It was hard to find somewhere to park. There were like hell's cars in his long ass driveway.

When I went in there was mad people. They was blasting twerk music remixes. I brushed my way through the crowd to make it to the kitchen.

"Hey lets do shots!" A light-skinned girl in a fitted red dress said to me.

I shrugged my shoulders. I don't see why not. We started taking shots back to back. It turns out her name is Sy'Arie. She was cool asf. We ended up drunkly exchanging numbers.

"Have you seen Temp?" I asked her leaning on the counter. She crossed her arms. "What do you want with my brother?" She smiled. My eyes got wide I hand to take a shot to that.

Just then Omari came walking in. He looked good in his All white. "Wassup baby girl?" He asked giving a hug. I hugged him back saying hey. "Dance with me!" I yelled over the music.

I pulled him to the dance floor and started to grind on him.

After giving him two dances I sat down on the couch. "You having fun?" He asked sitting next to me. There was so many people everywhere. I'm surprised a fight hasn't broke out or anything.

They really in here hyped off drugs and alcohol. "This will make you hella lit." He said pulling out a lil bit of powder. I declined off rip.

I don't do those type of drugs. I was nauseous. I ran upstairs into the first bathroom I could find and through up.

I made sure to clean the mess and myself up. When I came out the bathroom I realized I was in a bedroom. It had turquoise walls and a jucuzee in the right corner. A 75 inch flat screen covered the wall.

Across from it was a king size bed. There was a sliding door with a view of the door backyard. It was like a roof patio. There was a mini bar and mad liquor. 

"You like my room?" I jumped to the sound of Sy'Arie's voice. She came out of her walk in closet.

"Yeah it looks somewhat like mine." I said jumping backwards onto her bed. "That means we have the same taste." She said walking back into the closet.

Sy came back out in shorts and a tank top with no bra. "You can stay. There's enough room for both of us." She said flipping her covers back.

I didn't realize I kept dozing off. I got under the covers laying next to Sy. "Party was lit." She said laughing. I rolled on to my stomach looking at her. "Still is." I said with a smile.

"Yeah, Since your the first person I met around here, you know that makes you my bestfriend right Mani?" She said pulling out and lighting a blunt.

I groaned turning over. Now I have to deal with her. I hope she was cool as she seem. She passed it to me. We smoked and talked. She came from a very hard life.

Her and Omari didn't have parents. They died in a car crash. They slept on the street went from foster home to foster home.

She even told me how she was raped by one of her foster parents. I hugged her. She strong for being able to open up to me comfortably and confidently.

Omari came up because he's talented. "Omari got us out the hood and we ain't never going back." She said hitting the blunt. I started to tell her about me.

How my dad died from cancer and left me my Mom. Shit got hard, There was a time when she was so depressed and on drugs that she sold me for a fix.

I told her about all the the things that person she sold me to do did and how I got away. Things like that are traumatizing. "I forgave her. Now she's clean and looking over my nephews." I said watching her put out the roach.

"Okay okay no more sad stories for tonight." She smiled at me before clicking off the light. I closed my eyes falling asleep.