Chapter 22: Sparkling Diamonds

Alfa's POV

I watched his lifeless body bleed out. Walking over it I heard the cops getting out of their cars. I opened the door being slammed to my stomach roughly.

"You have the right to remain silent!" The officer said as he started to read me my rights. I stayed quiet as I was shoved into the back of a cop car.

Ace's POV

I ran through the cut to see Mark waiting for me at the end. They didn't even wait. When I hopped in they pulled off.

We drove until was back on our side.

"Here you go." Mark said handing me three diamonds. I looked at straight faced. "I take my brothers cut." I said. Mark laughed telling me to just take what I got. These niggas have me fucked up.

"I take my brothers cut or all our cuts." I said putting my strap in his face. Lonzo raised his hands in surrender. Mark locked his lips putting 4 more in my hand. I don't even think he realized he just gave me a extra  ten mill.

I quickly got out entering my building.

I walked past Mitch but back track when I saw a D man story on the news and a sketch of Alfa. I put my head in my hands before making my way up.

Sy'Arie's POV

I was taken and put in a dark room in the basement. I haven't had my medicine all day and It made me self conscious.

"Here at St. Joseph's we don't condone violence." Mother Hazel said pouring what looked like grits on the concrete floor. I was in my bra and underwear. I glanced at my clothes that sat neatly folded in a chair.

"But those who break the rules shall be punished." She said sitting the box of grits on the table. As she motioned me to come to her, my heart started thumping out of my chest. "Neal." She commanded pushing me to my knees.

The grits dug there way into my skin painfully.

"You will stay here for three hours. Think about what you have done." She said as she made her way upstairs, leaving me in that dark room. Alone.

Imani's POV

I had finally put the twins to sleep in Alfa's room. Flopping on the couch next to Omari I turned on the T.V.

The elevator dinged but I was too in the news. Omari jumped up talking to Ace. "Rapper D Man was shot dead in vacation cabin about a hour ago." The anchor woman explained.

I don't know what Ace said to Omari but he came trying to get me from in front of the tv, but I brushed him off. "Aunt Mani we need to talk." Ace said. I rolled my eyes but then I could've sworn the tv said Alfa's name.

"Police say 18 year old Alfa Winston gave hisself up willingly and will be charged with 1st degree murder."

Omari cut off the television. I couldn't believe what I just heard. "Like we not already going through enough shit!" I yelled punching Ace. He started to ball up as I started to fuck him up.

"Calm down." Omari said then picked me up mid air.

There was no calm. I lost my nephew. He's like a son to me both of them are. I already don't have my bestfriend and now him? "Why?" I asked GOD as I gave up trying to fight Omari off me.

"He did It for the twins. No one was supposed to get hurt." Ace said then he slowly pulled something out of his pocket. I shook my head in disbelief.

I looked up at Omari. "Hear him out." He said.

Ace spread seven diamonds across the table. "Seventy  Million." Omari laughed. I looked up from my wet hands. The diamonds danced in the light.

"We can use this to get Alfa out right?" I questioned looking at them both. Ace shook his head slowly. "Even if he had the best lawyer, he confessed." Ace said.

"I mean Aye if the glove didn't fit OJ.." Omari was cut off by a hit to his shoulder. "So we..move right?" I asked. At this point I wasn't sure about anything anymore.

"Alfa told me to take care of you and the twins. That's what Ima do." Ace said helping me stand up from the floor. I didn't want to except that Alfa might be gone forever.

I turned around looking at Omari. He smiled. "I'll sell my house. I want to come with you." He pleaded. It's cute that he wants to sell his house for me. Acting like
he giving everything up. Omari was worth atleast 15 million. He was doing it big with his rapping.

I hugged him because that's really what I needed right now. The thought of having him along with us made me think of Sy'Arie. Which made me think of Alfa.

When he pulled away, I turned around hugging Ace. "We're still going to get him the best lawyer. We'll just do it from a distance." I said as I started to hear one of the twins cry. Quietly I walked upstairs to tend to them.

Alfa's POV

"So you telling me no one else was involved." Detective Grey said sipping his coffee. I nodded my head slowly. We had a short staring contest before he opened up his files.

"How about I give your brother a visit." He said. I watched as he leaned back into his chair. I shook head my head. "Stay away from my brother." I growled.

He sarcastically put his hands up in surrender.

"Do you know who this is?"He asked sliding a pictiure of Mark's mugshot across the table. I took one look at It then slid it back across the table. "Nah." I said folding my hands.

Detective Grey looked at me. "This is Mark Dunwar. D Man's aka Demarcus Dunwar's cousin." He said. I didn't say a word as Detective Grey continued.

"We have reason to be believe he had it out for him and sent you to take him out." I shook my head vigorously , leaning forward in my chair.

"Nah, I went to rob him. I didn't know he was home and he tried to shoot me, but he was too slow." I said tapping the table with every word. Detective Grey called over the guard.

I crossed my arms. I didn't know that Mark was related to D Man. Something didn't feel right again. Detective Grey returned with two coffees. He put one infront of me.

"There were multiple foot prints in the back of the house. You can pretend you was alone but the foot prints don't lie." He said. I watched him sip his coffee. I knew as long as I didn't say anything Ace would be straight.

"You was with Mark and friends..maybe even Ace? You guys were robbing he house. It takes police 30 minutes to get to the house...I'd say you were left to take the down fall." He said leaning back in his chair.

"No." I said feeling myself get angry. What type of theory was that? I would never take the fall for Mark. I'm doing this for my daughters.

Detective Grey nodded his head. "You set off the alarm the minute opened that back door. If you do the math, rather he was in the house or not one of you wasn't going to make it out,.." He said making me think.

We search for about fifteen minutes. From the time we found them to exactly when Mark decked it with Lonzo which was before D Man held a gun. That was exactly 25 minutes. Five minutes later the cops were there. It all came together.

"That's where you come taking the down fall. For your confession I'll cut you a deal of 15 years,but can I ask..why you did it? " He said looking down at the pictures in the folder. "I mean you didn't find anything." He reminded. I shook my head.

"Guard! Take me back to my cell." I said standing from the table.

Soo this is the end . Should I make a sequel?