Chapter 21: Sacrifises

Imani's POV

"You want to come up?" I asked Omari as he helped out the bags in the elevator as well as my necklace that he bought me. He really didn't have to. I think he trying so hard to be sweet and I'm peeping.

"Sure, Twins home?" He questioned as the elevator went to the top floor. I shrugged my shoulders. "I haven't seen much of them lately." I said. The elevator dinged and I watched the doors open.

Omari grabbed all the bags taking them to the island.

I looked over at the two cribs in my living room. "Omari my mann, how you holding up?" Ace asked dapping him up along with Alfa.

"I'm doing better. I just need a woman to help keep me better." He said licking his lips, and eyeing me. Ace looked at him then me. "Ooouuu Aunt Maniii!" He teased.

I rolled my eyes laughing. They play too much. "Aunt Mani I need a big favor." Alfa said with a kool aid smile. I could just feel what he about to say so I beat him to it. "You want me to watch the twins huh?" I said as I walked pass him picking up one of them. "Yess just for a couple of hours." He said.

"He said a couple of hours Jordyn but what time does Mitch stop letting people up?" I said to the baby. I heard Alfa suck his teeth. "We know and that's Jayde." He said.

"You look like you'll need help." Omari said walking behind me, holding my waist. "Maan we out." Ace said covering his eyes pushing the top button on the elevator repeatedly. Alfa pushed the bottom button. "Dumbass." He said as the door opened.

"I'm trying to protect my eyes." Ace said in defense.

Ace's POV

We sat parked outside of the rented beach house. Man we atleast a hour from home. Alfa looked at his watch. "What he already left?" I asked looking at the vacant house.

"Must've lets go." Lonzo said pulling his skee mask down. We all did the same. I cocked my 40. We walked around back to the sliding door to our surprise it was open.

"Y'all look for the safe." Alfa said starting to search.

Sy'Aries POV

After Izzy and I mopped the floors we sat on the porch swing. As I've been getting to know Izzy I realized I don't know anything about her.

We heard screams causing us to run inside. A Chinese girl was in the hall just screaming. "It's just Li." Izzy said relieved. Kat smirked catching eye contact with me.

I gave her the finger. "Li?" I repeated as we walked back to the porch. "Yeah she's really throwed when she doesn't take her medicine." Izzy explained. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Lookie what I found." Kat smirked waving around Izzy's letter. She stood up quickly reaching. "Give it back." She yelled forcefully pushing Kat. I've been in quite a few altercations. I know when one is stirring in the air.

For once Ima stay out of it.

"You know what Mother Hazel would do if she knew you had this?" Kat said smiling evily meanwhile I'm wondering what she would do.

"You're r just mad no one writes you." Izzy shot back crossing her arms. Kat face dropped and her eyes turned cold. Then. She went in for the kill grabbing Izzy. They tumbled down the front porch.

I watched as they rolled in the front yard throwing blows to one another. There is no telling how long they had it out for eachother. I saw the letter fall out of Kat's pocket when she was on top of Izzy trying to choke her.

All the girls that was in the living room was now outside watching. "Mother Hazel's coming." A light skinned girl said stepping outside shielding her eyes from the sun.

I thought about the bruises on Izzy. Quickly stuffing the letter in Izzy's jacket, I ran into the yard pulled Kat off Izzy. I started to hit her giving Izzy time to get up, so it looked like I fought Kat.

"That's enough!" Mother Hazel said making the nurses break us up. "Who started this?" She asked angrily. No one said anything. I looked at Kat who was looking at Izzy who was looking at me.

"I did." I blurted out.

"Bring her to the basement. Everyone else back in the house." She growled. I felt a tight grip on both of arms as I started to be dragged inside. I turned back to see Izzy pulling the letter slightly out of her jacket. "No!" She said looking up at me.

Alfa's POV

We was searching the place fifteen minutes now. Still no safe. "Where could it be?" Mark asked coming from the bedroom.

"Man you said there was a safe Mr. 16 mill." Lonzo said sarcastically waving his hands. Mark pushed him stepping up. "You callling me a liar?" He asked.

Ace got in between them as they was getting up close and personal. "Chill, we ain't here to fight. We here to get paid." He said and he was right. We just needed to find the safe.

Mark kept looking at his watch every couple of minutes. Something wasn't sitting right with me.

I stopped to think and that's when it hit me. There was a picture above the fire place. "Help me bro." I said lifting It. Behind it was the safe. "I got it from here." Mark said turning the combination lock until It clicked.

Slowly opening the safe, he revealed stacks of cash and a little baggie.

Ace grabbed the baggie pouring a hand full of shining diamonds into his hand. "Never working again." He mumbled staring in Awe. Just I could've sworn I heard something.

They was still rambling about how rich we were when I started to hear sirens get closer.

"It's time to go." I said pulling Ace sleeve. We closed the safe putting the picture back on the wall. Ace stuffed the baggie in his pocket.

Mark and Lonzo crept out the sliding door.

"Y'all walk out that door and I'll shoot you in the back." Ace and I heard a voice say. Slowly turning around we saw D Man pointing a shot gun at us. He was barefoot in pajamas.

He must've been here the whole time. I knew something didn't feel right. The sirens got closer by the second and I knew they would be here soon. "I want what you tried to steal." He demanded.

"We didn't find anything." Ace said but he wasn't going for it. He was going to let the cops take us. I peeped that Ace was a footstep away from being out that door.

I couldn't let all this be done for nothing. My daughters was going to get that life the deserved. "Take care of my twins and Aunt Mani." I said to my brother. He looked at me because he already knew what I was thinking.

"I know y'all stole them!" He yelled waving his gun. Ace sucked his teeth. "We ain't steal shit!" and with that being said Ace turned around taking off. D Man raised the shottie, and in the nick of the moment there was two pops.