Chapter 20: Decisions

Alfa's POV

"What was the rush?" I asked walking up to my bro. Ace laughed watching me dap up Mark and Alonzo.

"We heard some rich rapper named D Man coming in town today." Lonzo said eating plain potatoe chips. I looked at all three of them. "So let me get this straight." I said pinching my nose.

"Y'all want to go back to jail because I can't afford to. I got daughters now man." I explained.

"Listen he has diamonds worth at least 120 mill. We'll never have to do this side hustle again." Mark said trying to convince me while Ace and Lonzo just looked. I looked up the block to see kids playing under a open fire hydrant.

I don't want that to be my girls. I want them to have their own pool. I want them to have the world. I could see Mark getting impatient. "Alfa, If we do this we won't never have to stand on this corner again." Ace said pulling me aside.

I thought to myself about how it's jail time if we get caught, but I want my daughters to never want for nothing. "I'm just thinking about my daughters bro." I said licking my lips.

Ace nodded his head. "I am too as well as Sia. You don't think I went over everything. I know the risk, but I feel like it's worth it." He said. I trust my brother and I know he got me through whatever.

"Ard man." I said causing a smile upon Ace's face. We turned back to Mark and Lonzo to discuss the plan. "When is this going down?" I asked. "Tonight." Lonzo responded.

Sia's POV

I tried to take my Mom shopping, but she was drunk passed out on the couch. Instead I left to shop alone, but for her. Finding a couple of cute clothes, I went to look for my credit card to see it missing.

I paid with cash then frustratedly sped home.

"Give me back my credit card!" I demanded bursting through the door, sitting the bags down. My mother slid it over to me drinking out of a plastic cup. She wasn't slick.

I snatched the cup smelling inside. Alcohol hit my nose causing me to take it to the kitchen. "You're going to start going back to your meetings." I said pouring it out , throwing the cup in the sink.

"No." She said holding up a small bottle of Henny. I grabbed it making her pull it. I don't understand why she can't see I just want the best for her. Our game of tug of war ended when she let go causing me to break it on my hand. "Fuck!" I yelled rushing to the bathroom.

I sat on the toilet. I screamed as I pulled a big piece of glass out of my palm.

After I cleaned it , I wrapped my hand with a bandage. "I'm sorry." I heard my Mom say as she knocked on the door. I swung it open , showing her my wrapped hand.

"Sorry? This is the last straw. Either you go to a meeting tonight or you can't stay here." I said pushing my way pass her. Of course when I entered the living room the glass was still there.

Rolling my eyes I started to sweep it up.

"I'm not going to another N/A meeting. 7 years sober my ass." She said causing me to look up. I dumped the last bit of glass in the trash. "You left Dad and I remember?" I asked crossing my arms, and leaning against the wall.

My mother shook her head in denial.

"Yes you did, for the better looking guy in your law firm. Only to find out seven years later he wasn't the one. He got rid of you when he found something new." I said. All this made her end up here.

My Dad died of a cancer five years later.

"You-you was old enough to take care of yourself." She cried getting defensive. I shook my head in shame. "Mom I was twelve." When she looked up I turned heading back to my room.

"You can't blame for not being happy!" My Mother went off as she swung me around by my arm. "I can blame you for not being there, right?!" I snap back. Getting no answer, I changed the question.

"Why didn't you call? Why did you stop caring about me?" I asked. I was tearing up looking into her eyes. I refuse to shed any tears for her. She stood in silence.

"Your a drunk-.." I was cut off by a slap across the face. I started to have a flashback of the last time I called her that. I was eleven and she ruined my birthday by puking on my cake in front of everyone.

All my friends were disgusted as well as me. I was more embarrassed. I listened to my Father get on her about it. They argued for about a hour until she came from their room, slamming the door.

"Mommy, I want you to get help." I said as she walked by. I was on the floor in front of the television. "For what?" She asked sipping wine from her glass.

I looked up at her. "Because you're a drunk." I wish those words didn't come out because she backslapped me. My Father heard me crying and they started to argue again. He always took up for me.

I shook my head breaking out of that flashback. I'm not little anymore and I won't be disrespected under the roof I worked for. I slapped her back, she immediately grabbed my hair.

I didn't want it to come to this. We started to brawl and break things all through my apartment. I never hit her just slammed. "I don't want to fight you." I said pushing her into the wall.

"You ungrateful-.." My Mother said before I gave up slamming and just clocked her in the head with a lamp. I was sweaty and tired she had drunk person strength. I looked around my apartment. Everything was fucked up and the cause of it was sitting on the floor.

I dropped down on my knees praying to GOD.

"I don't know what to do with her anymore." I cried before grabbing her ankles. Dragging her to the end of my door I locked her out. I headed to my bathroom running the hot water.

I had a dash cut on my eyebrow and a swollen red cheek. I didn't have the energy to even clean my crib up. My heart was heavy as I thought about how I just left my Mom ko outside my door.

I sighed getting out of my bed and opening my front door. She was still there sleep looking more beat than me. Maybe I shouldn't have taken her through my table.

I dragged her back in closing my door. As much as I want to just let her go. I can't. It's this Faith in me. I dragged her to my spare bedroom. To tired to pick her up I just through a cover over her.