Chapter - 19

Natasha's POV:

I used to think that if I ever have a child, I would love her with all my heart and I would be the one to provide all her needs. She would be my first priority and she would love me the same.

But it is not in our case.

Don't get me wrong, I love Clara very much and I even let her in to the extent where nobody would ever get a place in my heart but she does.And I think that is the reason why I felt hurt this much. She keeps on ignoring me and wouldn't even consider my presence.

"So....." I awkwardly trailed, trying to start a conversation with her.

"So what, Red?" Tony lightly asked, not even considering that I am being nervous.

"I am not talking to you, Stark." I snapped back at him earning a 'ooh' from Clint.

"Birdbrain, don't 'ooh' me like that considering you are the one doing the dishes tonight." Tony sharply remarked.

Clint rolled his eyes and chuckled,"I was just helping my wife out."

We were all sitting on the couch watching some crazy cartoon called 'Phineas and Ferb', if I remember correctly.

"Still, its not manly, birdbrain." Tony commented.

I look around to find that Cooper and Lila are already asleep on the couch while my little monster kid is still wide awake as ever.

"Clint, I think that it is time to put them to bed." I said admiring their cute and innocent faces.

"As you wish, milady." He jokingly kisses my cheeks as he gets up making me giggle.

"That's what I say, Barton. Stop following orders from women." Tony stomped his feet in frustration acting like a child again.

Clint laughed and started spooning Lila first, then Cooper and he bring both of them to their rooms.

"Phew, they start to grow up really fast, didn't they?" He laughed after he sat on the couch beside Tony.

Tony huffed,"Sure they do. Especially that little punk. Maybe he grew up way too fast that he even learns how to flirt."

Clint chuckled lightly,"Even I only noticed it today."

I smiled at the thought of today when Cooper was trying to flirt with Clara and how Tony was acting all strict around Clara.

I look at Clara whose eyes were still glued to the television and I just sigh. She didn't act like she even cares.

When did my life become so complicated like this?

If only Steve were here. He would console me and he would try to make me laugh with his silly jokes. But he isn't. That is the point. He left without even caring about me.

Just like Bruce did.

I really thought that he would be different, considering that we share a child which we never know about and that we weren't even a thing. That was sarcasm.

Then, why would he care?

I mean, I left enough clues for him to know that I am interested in him. Or...he still hasn't get any of my hints.

I know that when a man is innocent, they are very cute but Steve, he is too damn oblivious that sometimes I just want to pull all my hair out  in frustration.

"Hey, kiddo. Wake up!" Tony's voice was making me snap back to reality from my thoughts.

I glanced at Clara who was asleep on the couch. Tony kept on calling her and shaking her to wake her up.