Chapter - 30

Tony's POV:

Sitting beside Clara's sick bed, I tell her a story about me and Pepper. Adding some of my imaginations as well.

"Trust me, your auntie Pepper can't keep her hands off of me." I tell her smugly, as I smirk.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she slowly gives me a nod. But from the looks of her face, I can tell that she is not buying it.

"Trust me, kid. No one can say 'no' to this handsome face. I'm irresistible." I joked, wiggling my eyebrows playfully.

She frowned a little and shook her head, but she didn't make any comment about it.

"I miss this, uncle Tony. Your bragging and all." She softly says, giving me a smile as she looks at me with her big green eyes. I can't help but see Natasha in those forest green orbs.

Can this kid not look like Red even for a minute? I guess not. But maybe she is a nicer version of our little Red. I can't help but smile at that thought.

"Why are you smiling, uncle Tony?" She asks, raising her eyebrows a little which makes her look even more cute.

Yep, I said 'cute'. Yikes. Where the hell is Tony Stark?!

Shaking my head, I ruffle her hair which makes her whine. "Stop it, you're always messing my hair."

"I miss you too, kiddo. So does your auntie Pepper." I tell her.

She gives me a faint smile."I miss her too, you know."

"Anyway, I will stay with you tonight. Natasha and Steve even gave me permission to." I tell her as I stroke her hair lightly.

Pursing her lips, she raises her eyebrows. "Since when do you need their permission?" She asks, scrunching her nose a little.

I let out a chuckle. "You're right. I am Tony Stark. I never play by the rules anyway."

Nodding along with me, she flashes me a grin. "That's what I was talking about."

Shaking my head, I remember something. I need to ask her this. "Anyway, kid. Did Natasha treat you well? And Steve, was he good to you?"

She gives me a faint smile. "I guess. Why do you ask?" She shrugs.

"Just.....curious. I mean, did they ever tell you about.....you know?" I ask her, not knowing how to really bring up the subject. About her being their daughter and all.

"About?" She raises her eyebrows, as if she didn't have any clue as to why I ask her this.

"They didn't tell you, do they?" I ask, surprised. They should tell her by now. I mean, if they want to be a part of her life, they should tell her instead of keeping her in the dark.

"You're making me nervous, uncle Tony. Just tell me already." Her face turned serious once she saw my expression.

Should I just tell her? I mean, it wouldn't hurt, right? Finding out that you're parents are alive and they are also the Earth's mightiest hero would not sound so bad. Dammit, Red is gonna kick my ass.

"You know, kid. We have found your parents." I tell her as soft as I can.

She gives me a confused look. "I'm sorry?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

Sighing deeply, I decided to tell her everything I know. "It's just that, I never want you to leave. But I couldn't stop Natasha from taking you." I begin.

"I know, it's Fury's order. It's not your fault, uncle Tony." She gives me a faint smile.

I shake my head. "No, kid. Natasha's your biological mother and Steve, he's your biological father. I think that it is about time you know the truth."

Her facial expressions changed to a serious one. Like Cap.

"What is wrong, kiddo? Are you okay? I'm sorry, I should have never told you." I panicked, not knowing what to do.

"No, i-its not that. Its.... something else." She shakes her head 'no', but she keeps on biting her lips as she plays with her hands on her lap. And I know for a fact that she is nervous about something since that is a habit that she develops only when she is nervous.

"You're making me worry, kid. Tell me what is bothering you. You know you can trust me." I tell her truthfully.

To be honest, I kinda feel like I am responsible for Clara and her well being even if she is not mine. I don't want to be selfish but it was very hard for me to just let her go with Natasha like that. But she is her mother.

And who am I to oppose when her mother is claiming her?

Then, she looks at me with her big green orbs which is already filled with tears. "I.....u-uncle Tony, I-I think you need to know something too."
_

"So......you're saying that you already know about it?" I question her, finding it hard to believe what I had just heard.

She rolls her eyes. "I didn't know that they would find out easily like that."

"They're the world's best agents." I defend them, to which she raises her eyebrows looking amused. "Really?"

"You're underestimating them, kid." I shake my head but she just laugh it off.

"You're weird, kid. About ten minutes ago, you were almost crying your eyes out and now you are laughing your ass out." I state.

She flashes me a toothy grin. "That's because I finally have someone to share my secrets with." She says in a 'duh' tone.

Rolling my eyes at her statement, I raise my eyebrows at her. "And when did you plan on telling me?"

She just shrugs. "Well, no one is supposed to find out. But, I can no longer keep it to myself."

This kid sure is something. But I can't help wonder what will happen to her? I mean, as long as I have remember, time travelling is practically impossible. It's against the laws of nature.

"Anyway, kid. What will we do now? We need to send you back as soon as possible." I tell her. I don't even want to imagine what could go wrong if she stays here for too long. It's dangerous.

"Eager much to get rid of me?" She playfully raises her eyebrows.

"Do you know how dangerous it is to mess with the time loop? I can't believe Strange even let you." I furrow my eyebrows, as the images of Clara dying keeps on appearing my mind.

She just shrugs,"I'm only ten, duh."

"Okay, here's a plan. We need to find Dr. Strange as soon as possible and you, my dear, are going back home." I say.

"And you're the one saying that you miss me." She sarcastically remarks, making me roll my eyes.