Chapter - 32

Natasha's POV:

"What are you doing here?" I was met with Tony's questioning gaze.

I glance at Clara who was giving me a raised eyebrows, probably wondering why I came this late.

"To check on her, of course." I just rolled my eyes at him, not trying to make it look obvious that Steve and I had a fight.

"Last time I checked, you were the one saying that I could stay the night here." He stated in a matter of fact tone earning a huff from me.

"Well, thank you for taking my words seriously, Stark. I can take over from here. So, you should probably fuck off of my business." I retorted, making him to snort loudly.

He opens his mouth again, probably to make some snarky remarks again but Clara gives him some kind of look as if sending him some signal which I probably didn't understand. But it surely makes him shut completely up. "Fine." He sighed in defeat.

"Good night then, kiddo. Have fun with little red." He winks at her which makes her giggle.

"Night, uncle Tony." She gives him a flying kiss.

Was that even necessary? I thought as I roll my eyes at them.

Just as Tony closed the door, Clara stayed quiet for a little while. "Was that necessary?" I hear her ask.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "About what?"

She just sighed as she shake her head. "Forget it. Why are you here this late? I thought tonight would be me and uncle Tony's night." She questions, changing the subject.

I fought with your stupid father. That's why. I want to reply but decide against it.

"Something came up." I bluntly reply, not wanting to talk further about it.

She, then, gives me a knowing look once she studies my face clearly. "You two are still not making up?" She furrows her eyebrows.

How did she even know that? This kid really is something.

"I don't know what you are talking about, kid." I huff, acting dumb about it.

Letting out a soft chuckle, she shakes her head in amusement. "Really? Is it just me because I felt like you and the captain had some kind of thing going on."

I am positive that right now, my mouth would form a big 'o' because of her words right now. Is this kid really ten?

"You know for a ten years old, you know a little too much." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

She lets out a laugh. "You mean, about these kind of 'stuffs'?" She asks, emphasizing the word 'stuffs'.

I can't help but my lips curve upward upon hearing her little remarks. "You're annoying, you know that right?"

"Annoying like the captain is?" She gives me a knowing smirk earning a groan from me.

Why did she always have to bring up that idiot's name? I am so done with him right now.

"You say his name once again, you are going to regret it." I tried to look stern but quickly failed once she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Okay, you ask for it." I say, getting up on the bed beside her and torture her by tickling her.

"Stop!" She laughs, trying to get away from my grasp but I continue to attack her with my tickles.

"I-I can't...b-breathe." She pants between her laughs making me stop.