Chapter 4 - Michael🌙

Several days had passed without any interruptions. I was mildly surprised at how well I was adjusting to taking over my father's duty. I was taught many Alpha expectations and educational materials on pack laws, werewolf discoveries and histories. I remember preparing to take on the role as soon as I was of age but then I felt the broken bond of my mate.

I can still feel the emptiness in my chest. It was like a hollow piece of nothing that can never be filled again. I never met her but it did nothing to change the fact that I felt like I was missing a part of me. The pencil I was using to write a pack provisioning draft broke under the pressure of my emotions. I sighed and tossed it in the garbage before standing up in my study to pace.

Getting used to becoming a commanding Alpha again was like walking into my past. This house that used to bring so much happiness also brought me so much pain. I lived in total darkness for a while before I ran away.

I have already chosen my Beta. His name was Josef. I don't know him very well but he did the best out of everyone with the challenges that we gave all the warriors. The man was a little older than me and had a mate already. They were excited and happy to be chosen as the Beta for me.

A knock on my door stopped me from my pacing. I looked up to see my father entering. He looked a lot older now and I knew that he ruled for longer than he should have. The bags underneath his eyes and wrinkles on his forehead told me enough on weary he looked.

"Mikey, I wanted to speak with you." He walked in and sat in the chair that I used to sit in. I have taken over my father's study after taking over his position. I walked over and sat in his chair.

"The pack members want to meet you. They need assurance that you will be there for them when they need you. I understand that you might not be ready to meet everyone but I would like you to start off with at least a part of the town." He looked at me expectantly.

I nodded, "I'll see to it today."

He looked somewhat astonished. "I thought you will fight me a little."

I chuckled, "I have grown over the years, father."

It was his turn to nod, "That I see. The pack members are just afraid that with you not having a Luna yet- "

"That I will rule like a dictator." I finished his sentence for him.

He gave me a sympathetic smile. "I know these past few years have been hard on you. That was why I let you go. When your mother passed away I felt the same pain as you did but we responsibility. You have wised up over the years. We want to let our pack know that we do not rule as dictators but as transparent leaders. They do not have to be afraid of us and we will always be there for them when they need it."

My mother died of natural causes shortly before my mate passed away. My father was devastated. He was depressed for several months until my mate passed away and I fell into the same state. It was then something changed in my father and he broke out from his depression. However, I don't think he really did stop missing my mother. He just locked it in a box and set it aside in a very safe place in his heart. He knew the pack and I needed him.

"Don't worry, father. I will take care of things from now on." I assured him.

He smiled at me before nodding his agreement. "I know you can. I raised you."

There was a pause before he spoke up again, "What are you thinking about doing with the healer?"

He was talking about Misha. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I met her when I was in Alpha Natalya's pack. She's..."

I don't know what to tell my father. I had only met her a handful of times but she made an impression on me. The only other woman who had done that was Alpha Natalya but now she was mated to Alpha Constantin.

My father looked at me confused, "She's what?"

She's different.

"You told me that she doesn't remember who she was. That you found her walking into our territory alone and confused. I don't know what is going on but I don't want to say anything yet until I confirm the truth." I answered him, effectively avoiding my father's prodding.

"Yes, the poor thing walked into our territory absolutely scared to death. Her clothes were old and dirty. She had whiplash marks on her back and cheeks. She looked like she was abused for quite some time. Her body had old scars when the doctor treated her. "

I felt anger surge through me. My protective instincts of her kicked in. I played it cool with my father and finished the conversation. After we were done, I went in search for her. I needed to see her.

I checked the omega's quarters to see if she was in her bedroom. She wasn't there. I checked the living area, outside, back yard, and training fields. She wasn't there. I was about to give up and send another omega to go and find her but she walked out from the laundry room. She was carrying a pile of my clothes. She had washed and dried them. Now they were neatly folded in her arms.

"Where were you?" I asked.

She arched an eyebrow. "Where did you see me come out from?"

I wanted to roll my eyes at her really bad. I never knew she was this sassy.

"I was looking for you." I growled. "Next time, stay where I can see you."

She looked at me with a look of surprise before she smiled and started laughing. "I don't know how I can do that. I am your personal attendant. I take care of your needs. That means that there will be times I will be in another room besides yours. If you don't want me to take care of your other needs but to simply stand behind you while you perform your daily duties than by all means tell me. I'll be more than happy to do an easy job as tha-"

"Alright! You talk too much." I grumbled. "Put the clothes away. We have stuff to do."

She didn't answer me but made her way up the steps. I followed closely behind her. My mind still remembering my father's word that she was badly hurt when they found her. I wanted to know what happened but I knew she wouldn't open up to me just yet.

We made it to my bedroom where she went into my closet to put away my clothes. I heard her call out from the closet to me.

"I was able to salvage what I can from your luggage but unfortunately most of your clothes were destroyed beyond repair." She shouted from inside.

"Find me an outfit to wear today. We will be visiting the pack members in the town." I replied. She didn't answer me but a few minutes later she came out with a gray polo t-shirt and a pair of clean blue denim jeans.

"What do you mean 'we'?" She asked when she handed them to me.

"You and I." I simply answered before disappearing into the closet.

"Isn't this kind of thing supposed to be an Alpha and Beta thing?" She asked with confusion from the other side of the door. I can hear that she was leaning against the door.

"It is what I say it is. Now go find something nice to wear and I will meet you downstairs." I ordered her as I started putting on the clothes she chose for me.

I thought I will hear her throwback another comment but I heard nothing but silence. A second later, my bedroom door closed behind me. She was right. It did make sense that I brought Josef along with me but that didn't mean I couldn't bring her along. If I am being completely honest, having her next to me will make my meetings with the pack members a lot less boring. She tends to poke more at me than anybody else. No one will dare to anger me but with Misha, she was a lot less scared. She was opinionated and sassy.

Before meeting Misha downstairs I stopped by Josef's room and asked if he wanted to tag along. Unfortunately, my father had him do some Beta training and education today. He had to decline but agreed to go next time.