Chapter 5 - Misha 🌙

Sitting in the car with the man that I had spent many hours with in the last few days was actually soothing. I don't know what it is about Michael but he tends to make me feel astonishingly relaxed. I never have to put up a façade. I can just be myself around him. I noticed that he also lets me get away with my sharp and sassy remarks.

We met the two doctors and midwife in town. We visited the city hall of the town and stopped by several heavily traffic businesses that pack members like to hang out in. Most of them were surprised to see Alpha Michael but after some conversations, I can see them becoming more comfortable around him. He was building trust with his pack members.

He was in the middle of speaking with a few important pack warriors that guards the entrance highway that leads to the town when my stomach grumbled. I covered my stomach horrified at my shameless hunger. Michael stopped talking and faced me.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No." I lied smoothly. My stomach had the guts to growl again.

Curse you hunger.

My cheeks reddened with embarrassment. The pack warriors chuckled and a few women listening nearby giggled upon hearing it again. Oh, how I could just dig up a hole and crawl into it with humiliation right about now.

Michael turned away but not before I caught a hint of a smile appear on his face. He shook his head and began walking back towards his car.

"Wait!" I began running to catch up to his long strides. He got into the car before I did and by the time I got in I was breathing hard.

"Where are we going next?" I asked.

He didn't answer me but put the car in reverse before driving down the road. I watched the pack members lived their life almost like humans. If any humans walked into this werewolf town, nobody will know that it was infested with werewolves. Only I knew this because I lived here.

Ten minutes later, we arrived in front of a diner. I looked at him curiously. He put the car in park and took the key of the ignition before stepping out. Was he really stopping for lunch? My stomach grumbled again in happiness.

I hurried on after him into the diner. We were quickly seated as soon as they realized who he was. The waiter came out with a menu. He handed one to Michael and then one to me. Looking through the menu list I couldn't pick what I wanted to eat. Everything sounds good at the moment. I knew I only carried a few dollars on me so I needed to pick something that will keep me full.

Michael didn't take long in deciding what he wanted to eat. He ordered a double cheeseburger with fries. Unable to figure out what I wanted and already starving to the point where I could eat anything, I handed the menu back to the waiter.

"I'll have what he has." I told him.

The waiter nodded and headed behind the counter. I looked out the window to keep myself distracted and from staring at Michael. I could feel his gaze burning into my skull. When I couldn't take it any longer, I turned to look at him.

Those light hazel eyes seemed to swarm with dark and light green but mostly light green. It was mixed with a cappuccino color sparkle. I also have to be terribly honest, men with a stubbly beard is so damn hot. I can see that he hasn't shaved for at least two to three weeks. I could only imagine how it felt running on my skin.

Holy crap! I'm walking down a wickedly delicious lane. One that involve a seemingly demanding and bulky man taking charge and my legs wrapped around his waist. My hands roaming his hard body freely. I straightened up and cleared my throat. I really needed to stop thinking so dirty. He was my boss and supposedly Alpha.