Thirteen ~ Too Late [ANGST]

Requested by: @LePineappleGirl
I'm sorry but I found a way to twist your shy!reader request that was obviously meant to be fluff. But I turned it into an angst.... Gomen....

~•~•~•~

"Why can't I just talk to her...." You mumbled, staring at the great sight of E/N hugging C/N. (At this point all the angsts I make include E/N taking C/N away from u)

"You're being too shy, Y/N. I get that you're an introvert but C/N's your friend too. Go talk to her!" B/F/N says, nudging your shoulder. "I-I can't! I-I'm too shy...."

She lets out a sigh and clicks her tongue. "Your choice...."

~•~•~•~

"Hey C/N."

"Oh, Y/N! It's been a while since we last talked. So how's it go-"

"C/N!! Come on!" A familiar voice shrieks from a far. "Bye then...."

"Awh, why don't you hangout with us? I don't mind. It'll be fun!" C/N says, wrapping her arm around your shoulders to stop you from leaving. "E/N, do you mind if Y/N hangs out with us?" C/N turns to her, letting go.

"Hmm? Not at all! I'd be glad if she came along." She said, a teeny weeny bit of jealousy in her tone that was enough for you to hear.

"Oh..... Thanks. W-Where are we going?"

"The Aquarium!" They both exclaimed.

~•~•~•~

"Hey, what is this?" C/N asks pointing at a strange looking fish. "That's an-"

"Axolotl!" E/N shoves you aside, sticking next to C/N, while you nearly tripped with neither of them noticing. "An axolotl is a Mexican salamander which naturally retains its aquatic newtlike larval form...." She continues, her words seeming endless.

"..."

"Sorry Y/N. Were you gonna say something?" E/N turns to you, glaring daggers in your eyes. "N-No... It was nothing."

"Oh. Going on, its....." She turns back to C/N. "Wow, you're really smart, E/N!" C/N exclaims. "Thanks, C/N/N!"

"I told you not to call me that!" C/N pouts. "You're too cute!" E/N squeals, pinching her cheeks. "Disgusting..." You mutter, leaving the lovey-dovey-fucky couple alone.

"Where'd Y/N go?"

"She probably went ahead." E/N shrugged. "She was thirdwheeling anyway...."

~•~•~•~

The aquarium had a small cafe at the end, so you decided to stay there for a while. You take a seat and start munching on the (random food) you bought. Little did you know, C/N and E/N were in the cafe too. Why didn't they talk to you? Well....

"C/N....." A familiar voice says softly, forcing your head to turn to where the voice came from. "I've been meaning to tell you this..... Ever since we became close friends..... I-I've developed this feeling for you... And, well... I-I like you."

Wh-What?

~•~•~•~

"I can't believe them..... Treating me like I wasn't even there. Why would they invite me if I they wouldn't pay attention to me? Am I nothing to them? Or were they just playing around with my emotions? They know I'm shy! They know I don't talk much! Why couldn't they at least just listen to me when I do talk!?" You yell at yourself, kicking stones into the river, watching them skip and fall. "Why are you making me feel this way, C/N L/N.... Why are you choosing E/N over a friend you've had by your side longer than she has..." You mumble, clutching the area of your shirt next to your chest. You pick your phone out of your pocket to open Instagram, hoping the aesthetic pleasing of some sceneries would calm you down. But it was the total opposite.

Instead, you see a picture that C/N posted showing her and E/N doing a heart together, with the caption:

"Woohoo!! Not forever alone anymore. E/N and I's feelings for each other are mutual, and I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. Ilysm my love <33"

"I didn't even tell her I love her..... I-I'm..... I'm too late....." You say to yourself, warm tears rolling down your cheeks.

"Why.... Why... Why why why?! Why do these terrible things happen to me!? Why couldn't I just tell her I love her!?" You yell at yourself again, looking at your reflection in the river, more tears coming and going.

"I'm too shy..... I'm too weak..... I'm too late."

~•~•~•~

Hopefully everyone isn't crying and is still ok

If not, *passed tissues*

Is this the saddest angst I made so far or...?

Hmm... Should I make a part 2? 🤔