20. the outing

A/N: Hey y'all! Around 3000+ words! 

Highlight this and tell me the character you dislike the most! 

"And you made me lose my self control, my self control."

***

I was thirteen when I had my first kiss with a boy. 

Joseline Carreon hosted a 90's theme birthday party in the basement of her large three-story home. She invited the entire 8th-grade class, but after nine o'clock she only allowed seven kids to stay after hours to play a cliche game of spin the bottle. 

Including the birthday girl, there were four boys and four girls. Joseline invited her three best friends and each of their crushes, hoping that the game will give them an excuse to kiss them. I was surprised that I  was one of those boys. 

While Joseline went to retrieve an old coke bottle, the rest of us positioned ourselves in a small circle, Kiara, one of Joseline's friends, decided to sit a little bit too close for comfort. 

"Do you have anyone you wanna kiss, Amour?" she asked, leaning into my shoulder. 

Kostas Marquez. He had beautiful green eyes and golden tan skin with faint freckles traveling along his button-like nose. It was a known fact that every girl, no matter what grade, had a giant crush on him. No one would ever take the chance of going after him though, he was the one Joseline wanted and the one she was determined to get. 

It was too bad I didn't have any chance with him, considering I was trying to hide my feelings for him and stay on Joseline's good side at the same time. 

"Well," I dragged. "I think all of you guys are cute." 

Kiara looked at me with glimmering eyes. "You think I'm cute?"

I shrugged. "I mean yeah, your eyes are super pretty." I smiled, not knowing how much damage an innocent compliment would do. 

"Alright bitches! I found a bottle, who's going first?" Joseline announced coming down the wooden stairs.

"I'll go!" Jonah, Destinee's crush, said. 

With one flick of the wrist the game started, the bottle landed on Amelia who quickly pecked Jonah's lips so her best friend wouldn't get jealous. She spun the bottle again, hoping for it to land on Nic Terro. She sighed when the neck of the empty bottle faced me, rolling her eyes and crawling over to my side of the circle to place a quick kiss on my lips.