You Are Worth It (Kokichi Ouma x Depressed!Reader)

Request by: EmotionlessIntrovert [Quotev]

○●○●

"[Nickname]-chan~" Kokichi called out as he ran to you. "A-Ah, um, h-hi, Ouma-kun," you smiled. "How are youuu?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. "I'm fine, you?" He frowns. "Hmmm? Did I just hear my beloved [Nickname]-chan lie?" He gets closer to you, observing your expression. "I-I, a-ah, b-bye! I-I gotta go back to class!" You ran off.

●○●○●

[Nickname]-chaaan, why are you avoiding meeee? :(

I'm sorry, Ouma-kun. I'm just drowning in my projects. I hope you understand.

Mm, that's okay, I guess! Say, are you free this Saturday?

Sorry, Ouma-kun. I have somewhere to go to this Saturday. I'm really sorry.

That's cool! Byee!

• Seen.

"Aww, why is she lying so much to me?" I groaned, rolling across my bed. "I know something's up..."

●○●○●

"[Nickname]-chaaan!" A familiar purple haired boy called out. "Ouma-kun? What's up?" You smiled. "Finally, you're not ignoring me!" He whined. "Sorry, Ouma-kun..I've been busy," you grinned sheepishly. "What were you doing?" He asked. "A-Ah, umm, just playing some video games.." you answered, looking away. "Maaan, why do you always lie to me, [Nickname]-chan?" He got closer to you. "I'm not lying to you!" You took a step back. "I've never lied to you! Ever!" You took another step. "Come on, [Nickname]-chan!" He stepped closer. "It's way too obvious you are!" He took another. "I'm not!" Your back hits the wall. "When have I ever lied to you!?" You yelled. "When you were saying that you were fine about a miiiiillion times! When you said you were busy, when―" "Those weren't lies, Ouma-kun!" You interrupted. "I want to help you, [Nickname]-chan! Why do you think I hang around you so much and I bug you a lot!?" He exclaimed. "No you don't!" Your eyes widened, realizing you blew your cover.

He snickers.

"Duh! Why would I want to actually help anyone!?" He laughed. "You figured out I was lying! Great job!"

...

"Or...maybe that's not the case," he grinned. "Either way, I gotta get to class. See ya, [Nickname]-chan!"

He waved and ran off.

●○●○●

Ah, you'll never truly understand Kokichi Ouma.

What was up with him? One minute, he's oh so worried about you. And the next, he says he's joking about it!

Why? Why was he so...complicated?

Life was already too complicated for you.

Why is he always like this?

Why is he making your life harder for you?

...