Chapter 2: He's Got The Body Of A Greek God

Elena's POV

"Ugh I swear I hate this class" I groaned looking at the project sheet "and he's assigning parter. I better get a good one"

Lauren laughed "Look at the new girl"

"She looks nice" I smiled

"Ok listen up punks" Mr. Cronin said "these are your partners" he read off the names "And Elena with Audrey"

I looked around for an Audrey... the new girl. She smiled and sat beside me "hi I'm Audrey"

"Hi I'm Elena" I returned the smile "so this project"

"I hate History but I have to show up my brother some how" she laughed

I laughed "So since Mr. Cronin showed up late and we only have 10 minutes left of class, wanna meet up after school?" I asked

"Sure" she wrote down his address "Meet me there at 5"

"I will" I smiled

The bell rang and I walked out of 7th period History. Caleb sighed as he began walking with me "that hurt"

"Well Dylan can be an ass" I laughed "you know this"

He nodded and handed me a paper "what's this?"

"Well I found it" he looked at it again "It has your number on it"

I opened my mouth to form an 'o' then crumbled it up and threw it away "oh well"

He laughed then we met up with Lauren "let's go" Lauren pouted "I need to be home in half an hour and Caleb has a stupid football game to watch"

"Hey! Football is not stupid!" Caleb scolded

"You're just upset that Reece is quarterback" Lauren laughed. I looked

"Of course he is! He's got the body of a Greek god!" I yelled

I looked across the parking lot to see Reece and Kayne. Reece and I, again, made slight eye contact. I looked away "ok guys let's go"

I started my car and drove Lauren home. Caleb went back to my place with me. I put the key in the keyhole and jiggled the doorknob. I swung open the door. I hate it here

My dad walked in "You're late"

I looked at the floor. I'm gonna tell you something about my life. Honestly at school it's perfect and when I have people over there's no problems. As soon as we're alone my dad constantly yells at me. I'm afraid that eventually he'll hit me...

My dad walked in and I rolled my eyes in disgust. Caleb sighed "I gotta get going"

"Want me to drop you off?" I asked

"Nah I need to run anyway, I'm gaining weight" he said and hugged me. He left and I looked at my mom

"Hey dad can I go to my friends for a project?" I asked sitting at the table.

My dad chuckled "Hey make sure to not get knocked up"

I snapped my head at my dad "shut up"

I grabbed my keys and left.