6. International Dateline

My friends and I were in geography class

My friends and I were in geography class. Miss Tutweiller had the map of the Earth out, for when we were about to dock in some country and she'd have us study up on it.

"London, can you tell me what this is?" our teacher asked pointing her finger at the International Dateline.

"A bad manicure?" London replied.

I shook my head at her.

"No," Miss Tutweiller said but then noticed her own fingernails with a disgusted expression, and then turned to everyone else, "Has anyone heard of the International Dateline?"

"What do you say to a French babe so she'll go out with you?" Woody replied.

I frowned at him.

"No," Bailey shook her head at him and turned to our teacher, "It's an imaginary line created in 1884. To the east of which, the date is a day earlier than it is to the west."

"So, when you cross the dateline, you have to turn your clocks back 24 hours, a full day," Cody added.

"And second, it involves jetlag. So it would take you a few days to get accustomed to the time change," I jumped in.

"Correct! Yay!" Miss Tutweiller smiled and clapped her hands briefly, "Which is what we're going to do tonight."

"That works for me," Zack smiled, "Because if tomorrow is gonna be today again, then today is actually yesterday, which means that yesterday's homework isn't due today, it's really due tomorrow."

"Thanks a lot, Zack, now I've got a headache from that," I muttered.

"Same here," Caleb nodded.

"In other words, you didn't do your homework?" Miss Tutweiller asked Zack.

"Yet," he grinned.

Later after class, Zack had Caleb and me over at his cabin to help him select various songs to play at the school dance that was to take place later in the evening. I brought over my laptop and flash drives since I had over a thousand songs downloaded and thought of sharing some with the guys.

Zack had some rock song playing from his laptop while I scrolled through mine and had my earphones plugged into it and Caleb was looking over it with me.

Just then, Cody entered the cabin gasping for breath like he almost drowned or something. Zack paused the song and laughed a bit on seeing his twin brother.

"Dude you're crying," Zack smirked as I unplugged my earphones, "Chick flick marathon or cookin' with onions."

Caleb and I giggled a bit.

"Neither," Cody replied, "Woody has been cutting the cheese for the past hour."

"Ugh, doesn't sound pretty," I shuddered.