11. seaHarmony

Caleb and I had just finished our homework and sat at the juice bar sipping our smoothies

Caleb and I had just finished our homework and sat at the juice bar sipping our smoothies. I had my laptop out, typing an essay for extra credit and my friend was bringing up suggestions for me to add to it. Both of us kept hearing a tire screeching noise, which was starting to get annoying. Caleb and I glanced around and saw Zack, Cody, and London racing remote controlled cars, which startled the passengers and crew who were close by.

"Yay race car drive me! I win, I win! And more importantly, you lose, you lose," London sang at the twins as her car won.

"You know I'm not a poor sport, but London you really do have a bit of an unfair advantage," Cody said to her as I shut my laptop and picked it up and Caleb and I approached them.

London high fived a professional driver who controlled her car.

"Victory lap Dale!" the airhead cheered and the driver steered her mini car once again starting the passengers and crew nearby.

"My uncle's not gonna like this," I said.

"My passengers should be able to be on this ship without being hit by a car," he frowned on approaching us.

"Don't worry, I'm insured," London said.

I shook my head at her.

"These people are here to enjoy a Singles Cruise. The last thing they want is to be around children. That's why they're still single," Uncle Marion added.

"Mr. Moseby?" Miss Tutweiller asked approaching my uncle.

"My apologies. You realize this was not my doing."

"I know. It's the doing of the people who should be doing their homework."

Our teacher narrowed her eyes at us.

"We already completed our homework about half an hour ago," Caleb said gesturing at himself and me at the same time.

"Yeah," I nodded and opened my laptop and handed it to Miss Tutweiller for her to read the essay, "We're putting together an essay for extra credit."

She nodded after looking it over and handed it back to me.

"Guys I told you we shouldn't be doing this. Now let's go back to our rooms and feel ashamed," Zack suggested to Cody and London and the three of them, including Dale, the professional driver hung their heads down.

"I know I do," Cody said.

"Then I suggest you stay in your rooms. From now on, you may not be allowed on the Sky Deck except for one hour a day," Uncle Marion suggested, "Except Marley and Caleb."

I mentally sighed in relief. Caleb looked like he was about to relax. Zack, Cody, and London turned to the two of us in shock.

"What?" I turned to my friends, "We work on our assignments and never bother the passengers and crew."