18. Splash and Trash

Caleb and I were at the juice bar watching Zack challenge Woody to test a smoothie while wearing a blindfold. 

"Okay. You'll never guess this one," Zack smirked at Woody after placing the smoothie he made right in front of him.

Woody took the smoothie and sipped it, "Hmm. Mango, banana, orange...zest...Cinnamon, tuna fish."

"That sounds gross," Caleb had a disgusted expression.

"You know 'em," I shrugged.

"And you dipped your toe in it," Woody continued.

"Which foot?" Zack quizzed him.

"Right foot."

"Which toe?"

"Pinkie."

"Whoa!" I gaped at Woody realizing he was fully detailed.

"You are a freak!" Zack exclaimed excitedly at him.

If our lives were like a Marvel comic book, Woody would be a mutant having the power to tell what ingredients were used specifically and how everything was made. And both Zack and Cody would telepathically read each others' minds. Caleb would be a lot like Spiderman. I'd be more like either Rogue or Jean Grey or Spider-Gwen.

I overheard Cody complaining about the passengers' usage of towels saying that it had a bad effect on the ecosystem. I mean, whenever I finished showering, I only used one towel.

"Help!" a girl's voice called out from somewhere.

"Cody, what's wrong now?" Zack asked his twin.

"That wasn't him numbskull," I shook my head.

"As Marley said, that wasn't me, it was a girl," Cody clarified.

"Hello!" the girl shouted.

"I think it's coming from the ocean," Woody pointed out.

"You don't think someone fell overboard?" Caleb wondered as the five of us went over to the port side and saw a girl about our age floating along the side of the ship.

"Hey, up there!" she yelled.

"Whoa, it is a girl," Zack smirked, "A hot girl."

"Floating on garbage!" Cody exclaimed angrily.

"There's a babe in a bathing suit and you're focused on the garbage?"

"Hello! Will somebody please throw me a line?" the girl hollered up at us.

I located a life preserver and threw it at her while Caleb went to get help from one of the crew members.

"Help is on the way!" I shouted, "Just hang on!"

"Okay!" Zack called to the girl, "I thought the ocean was blue until I saw your eyes."

"I think she meant something to pull her in," Cody corrected his nutsy twin.

"Oh, it'll pull her in. Give it time."

"You're so stupid," I shook my head at Zack and turned to keep an eye on the girl drifting in the water as she held on to the life preserver.

Few of the crew managed to pull the girl aboard the ship. I could tell she had a confused expression on her face as if she didn't know where in the world she was. I had her sit on one of the deck chairs to help get her bearings. Everyone, from the passengers to the crew observed everything.