Chapter Eleven

Axel woke Sutton up around noon when the boys came over with lunch and he was ready to share the information he came across last night as Sutton went to change into yoga pants and a tank top Axel walked over with a sheepish grin on his face handing her one of his shirt she looked it and then at him questioning slipping it on instead of the tank top " what's this for" she asked tying it at at her waist " you look better in my clothes and my wolf is going crazy with the danger around us and it soothes my wolf" Sutton laughs and takes his hand where they walk downstairs to the boys around the kitchen table with burgers and fries from the dinner in town. Axel got straight to business " After my run I got to thinking so I called around to a few people some older members of friends packs even our older members and started digging , Seth" Axel looked at Sutton's best friend with a burger hanging out of his mouth looking like a deer caught in head lights " yea?" he asked with his mouth full, Axel shook his head "Do you remember Alpha Marcus?" Seth thought for a moment and then like a light bulb going off he focused more " yea I do actually we met him when we were like what 4 or 5 he came and visited with his Mate and " Seth looked at Sutton with a shocked impression on his face " and" Axel encouraged " his two year old daughter", "and do you remember what he called the two year" Axel asked him taking Sutton's hand under the table as she sat confused " he called her Button" Seth responded in a small voice. Sutton gasped finally understanding as her aunt always called her Button she looked at Axel " explain please" she asked he squeezed her hand and looked at her " Alpha Marcus was the Alpha to the Wood's Pack his Wife and Mate name was Victoria they visited our pack looking for help believing someone was working from the inside trying to take him down my father agreed to help and in a week our best warriors along with my father was so post to come to the Wood's pack but two days after Marcus and Victoria returned home their Pack was attacked Marcus and Victoria didn't make it but no one could find their daughter" Axel looked at Sutton has she had tears in her eyes and urged him to continue " turns out they made a stop on their way home and left their daughter at the mother's sister's house she was human and knew if something happen to them and their little girl had to stay with her aunt her wolf would be suppressed and no one would know who she was. After more digging Marcus was right there was someone on the inside trying to take him down, it was his Beta Phoenix was his Beta" by this point Sutton's tears were released and running down her face Axel took her into his arms bringing her into his lap hugging her to him rubbing circles into her back and whispering soothing words in her ear. " My Mother and Father is Marcus and Victoria right?" she asked just to make sure Axel shook his head confirming " Phoenix is after us because of me I was the only Wood's left alive" , " not quiet but yes Phoenix is power hungry and right now hes not at full Alpha power as Marcus already had a pup a strong pup that has the Alpha blood in her , you were meant to be passed down the Alpha title that is why your wolf is so strong and because you survived he didn't receive the full title and power of Alpha hes faking for the Rogues " .

" So what do we do?"Sutton asked once we was calmed down and they continued their meeting " We keep you safe and we start talking to other packs Phoenix isn't going to stop and it's going to come down to me killing him" Axel said matter of factually Sutton knowing there was no changing his mind.  After that  the boys went about making plans to rearrange border patrol and what other pack they were planning  on inviting to ask for their help in this war Sutton zoned out thinking of the life she could of had if none of this wouldn't had happen she would of grew up a wolf with parents and her and Axel would have met sooner as their parents seem to be really close but Sutton quickly shook the thoughts from her mind as if she dwelled on the what if's they would eat her alive her life was the way it was and there was nothing she could do to change that. 

Sutton excused herself heading to her and Axel's bedroom planning on taking a shower as she was gather clothes Axel walked in, Sutton headed towards the bathroom but then stopped turning to Axel " I want you to train me" She spoke confidently leaving no room for denial of her request " what?" Axel asked shocked " I want you to train me to defend myself Im not sitting out of this fight Ax this man betrayed and took my family my parents from me I deserve to be there I want to kill him" the rage could be seen in her eyes as they flashed colors while she was talking " Absolutely not !" Axel growled back " he wants you dead Sutton I can't have you out there and there be a chance you could be hurt or killed" he was angry that she would even consider putting herself in that kind of danger " Axel im going to be out there weather you like it or not now you can either train me or ill figure it out myself" she took her clothes and went into the bathroom closing the door as she heard Axel's fist hit a wall and then the bedroom door slam shut followed by the front door , Sutton cried leaning against the shower wall as water cascaded around her.

An hour later Sutton was dressed and composed as she exited the bathroom the house was quit other than the TV lightly playing downstairs which is the way she headed thinking Axel has returned but entering the living room Seth peaked his head over the couch giving her a sheepish grin " Hi Sutton" he said as she joined him on the couch "he's not coming back tonight is he?" she asked already knowing the answer " im not sure what happen but he was pretty pissed he asked me to stay and watch over you tonight he needed to run" Seth explain while Sutton shook her head and focused on the TV show playing. Thirty minutes later of nothing but silence Seth paused the show " Sut I don't want to be in your business but what happen your acting weird and Axel was clearly upset " Sutton looked at him " I asked Axel to train me he refused and I told him I was going to be apart of this war weather he liked it or not and if he wouldn't train me I would figure out another way" Seth stared at her " and what did Axel say" he asked .Sutton sighed " he said it was too dangerous and he wasn't going to have me put myself in danger to be hurt or worse killed" she finished trying to hold her tears Seth nodded his head " I agree with Axel that its too dangerous" " but Seth" Sutton tried to inturpt but Seth kept on " but I agree with you also you need to know how to defend yourself if something happens and Axel or one of us isn't always there to protect you let him cool down and talk to him again later once hes had time to think and ill make you deal if wont train you I will" Sutton shook her head smiling. 

They spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching movies until Sutton excused herself to go to bed . it was around 2 am when she felt the covers being drawn back and the bed dip Sutton opened her eyes to see a shirtless Axel crawling into bed he looked at her guilt clearly written all over his face as he pulled her close " Axel" Sutton started to say but he shushed her " it's okay Im sorry im just worried but your right you'll start training this week go to sleep love well talk more in the morning its late" he placed a kissed on her forehead and she dozed off back to sleep now that she knew Axel was safe and home.