Chapter Thirteen

The next morning Sutton expected to be woken up in the best mood cuddled into Axel's arms both still high off the best night of Sutton's life but instead of waking up to the sun shining through the windows an birds chirping it was still dark with barely a pinch of light in the sky and the pack was in a frenzy. Rogues was spotted and Sutton barely heard through the mind link as Axel and herself jumped up dressing quickly that someone was killed. They both didn't share a word just quickly dressed and took each others hand and dashed to the pack house where the whole pack was gather, as they ran Sutton could tell she was sore and her brain pleading with her to go back to bed but she knew she couldn't what ever had happen it was bad she could feel the pain and rage of her pack in her mind having to block it off before it became too much. As they rounded the corner to the front of the house there was a crowd circling  around Seth and Asher broke through to meet the Alpha's Seth looked sick as did Asher " its not good Axel"Seth gravely told him as he cut his eyes to her "who was it ?" Axel growled " thirteen year old snuck away from his mom wanting to join his dad on patrols Rogues got to him first tore him up pretty bad when we found him he was in mid shift his mamma showed up soon after looking for him she lost it we had to have doc sedate her because when the pops showed up he and seen his pup we ran off" Asher explained as Sutton sucked in a breath. It was bad enough someone was killed much less a kid at that moment a gun shot rang from the woods everyone jumped " Sutton get all the woman and kids in the safe house then come find me"Axel shouted as him Asher and Seth ran toward the woods,Sutton instantly getting to work ushering the woman and kids to safety grabbing a little girl who was falling behind she holstered her on her hip. Once they were safely inside and someone was guarding them Sutton took off in the direction her mate had.

Sutton found them not far into the woods as she walked up she could they were circled around something with a couple of warriors beside them, Seth had his hand placed on top of his head an action he did when he was nervous , a few feet behind them still out of eye shot from seeing what they were looking at a twig snapped making them turn to her " get her out of here Seth"Axel growled harshly as Sutton could tell his wolf was at bay.Seth was in front of her instantly holding her arms trying to turn her around " come on Sut you don't need to see this " but she struggled and refused to move as the moment Seth broke the circle she could see what they were looking at, a man around the age 50 it looked was leaning against the tree in one hand was a gun that he clearly had just put to his head and pulled the trigger and in the other was a photo of a blonde hair boy this must of been the pups father and now because of Rogues they had two dead. Sutton turned around shaking Seth off and made her way back to the pack house informing someone to get the woman and children out of hiding she instructed everyone to go home lock their doors and keep their children and loved ones close and that she was terribly sorry for the lost this whole pack and that family suffered. Sutton stayed at the pack house attending to anyone who needed anything extra blankets, a scared child anything and then when the sky began to light with color Sutton went to the kitchen and began making breakfast for the pack by time the cooks arrived Sutton was done. They tried to get her to go home but she refused and started to help set the table that was when Axel walked in he was beyond tired Sutton could tell as he stood in the front room eyes searching the kitchen for her until he finally found her and she could tell he took a sigh of relief as he made his way to her " come on Kitten let's go home" he placed his hand on her arm Sutton looked around satisfied with the work she had done even though she knew it wasn't enough and shook her head as he lead her out the door and up the path to their house. 

They entered the house still not saying a word Sutton slipped her shoes off and started making her way up stairs when Axel caught her arm stopping her once he began to turn her towards him the tears she's tried to hold on all comes rushing out as she collapses in his arms sobbing Axel rubs circles in her back holding her closing whispering soothing words in her ear "this is my fault Axel a father and son are dead and I wouldn't doubt the mother isn't far behind If that was you and our child I wouldn't have anything else to live for I can't let anyone else die" Sutton continued to cry Axel held her at arms length "no one else is going to die and Im going to end this im friends with the Alpha of the Davenport pack hes traveling with his his Beta and best warriors tomorrow here and were going to end this once and for all" Axel reasurred her she shook her head and allowed him to lead her to bed.

They woke later in the day and started to prepare for their guest to arrive making sure the pantry's was stocked and that the guest rooms were cleaned and ready to be use, by evening 5 SUV's arrived carrying the Davenport Alpha and his pack unexpectedly to Sutton the Alpha was around their age she quickly learned thinks to Seth whispering it to her that his name was Brendan and his Beta's name was Spencer, they all had introductions and then the men disappeared to Axel's office to talk business as Sutton busied herself helping the cooks prepare dinner for the two packs. Right as they finished the boys reappeared and they all sat down to enjoy their meal " so Sutton Alpha Axel was filling us in on the situation with the rogues im sorry that you had to learn about your history in such a negative way as your father was also good friends with mine as he was with Axel's " Sutton looked up to meet the Alphas brown eyes slightly remembering the same brown eyes from her childhood " I knew you too didn't I ?" she asked he smiled slightly and shook his head " yes I must apologize actually as I wasn't a very pleasant child as I believe all girls had cooties back then and might had pulled your pig tail once or three times" Axel growled as Brendan threw his hands up " Dude we were three how was I to know this was to be your mate" at this Sutton breaks out in a full on laugh as Brendan's Beta Spencer is trying to keep from joining her, Axel smiles at her.

After dinner they made sure the Davenport pack was comfortable in their rooms and departed back to their house " it was good to see you laugh earlier, I understand the circumstances of whats going on I just hate seeing you so sad" Axel told her once they entered their home ,Sutton headed to the kitchen to fix a pot of coffee " I realized something tonight I can't be sad or upset because for this to end and what happen today to never happen again we're gonna have to fight and kill I love you and this pack to much to let it get taken away from me so soon, in the little time Iv met you and been brought into your world only to learn that it's my world too I can't lose it I finally have somewhere I belong, a family and I won't ever give up on that Always and Forever" as Sutton finished she looked up at Axel staring at her until he quickly walked over to her taking her face into his hands lightly kissing her forehead " Always and Forever no one is ever taking you or our family away from me " and then he crashed his lips onto hers and a passionate and breath taking kiss stealing his promise. 

They went to sleep early that night preparing for a lot of planning and meetings tomorrow but as Axel's breath evened out indicating he was asleep Sutton lay awake thinking  and promising herself she would do what ever it took to make sure Axel survived she knew he would do anything for her even die for her and this started with her family and if this war couldn't be won it would end with her and with that she cuddled deeper into Axel's arms and fell asleep.