Chapter Sixteen

Axel alerted by the scream of his mate glances around the clearing now scattered with blood and bodies at first he couldn't find Sutton until finally he saw her standing just in the trees but as he made his way to her he seen him, Phoenix in wolf form was stalking toward Sutton ready to go for the kill Axel pushed his wolf faster and just before Phoenix reached Sutton Axel appeared tackling him down fighting giving Sutton time to shift. She was worried about Seth as he still had yet to move but right now she knew they had to finish this or he would die and so would everyone else. Axel and Phoenix was flipping clawing and biting at one another Sutton stayed circling them waiting to jump but what she didn't expect was Phoenix sinking his teeth into Axel's shoulder throwing him the way he did Seth and just the same Axel didn't move. On instinct Sutton wanted to run to her mate but Phoenix was ready for round two he leaped at Sutton but she was ready darting out of the way, as he flew past her she shifted into her human form reaching out grabbing him by the throat and slamming him to the ground underneath her where they both shift him to his human and her to her wolf sinking her claws into his shoulders to hold him still. " There's no way Iv never seen an Alpha nor a she wolf for that matter shift so quickly " he choked out between spiting up blood, Sutton's wolf growled then bit into his neck taking a chunk just above his arty he didn't deserve a quick death she was going to make it slow. She backed away as he went to attempt and crawl away Asher mind linked her telling her they were heading into his camp now and there was no sign of Darcy Sutton shifted to her human form pulling her discarded t shirt over her head. Walking over to Phoenix's slowly crawling body she kicked him turning him over and punched him repentantly breaking his nose over and over " how?" he barely asked astonished, Sutton laughed " your mate wasn't the only thing I learned in my research turns out Axel wasn't the only one with Lycan blood my family the Wood's were descendants from the first Lycan everyone in my family are of Alpha blood including my mother but hers the kicker it's always the first born and I have only been the first first born daughter making me the first she wolf with the same amount of power as my Alpha" Sutton laughed all Phoenix cared for was power and she was holding more than what he could ever want and she was going to be the one to end him.

Sutton saw him grabbing the blade on the ground right has he went to swing and stab her instantly she shifted and attacked him ripping into his throat until she was satisfied there was no longer a heart beat then she sat up and howled indicating the war was over they had won. Instantly she ran to Axel and Seth just as Asher came running up both shifting and throwing t shirts on Sutton checked Axel as he looked up at her " Im proud of you Kitten" she struggled to say while holding his side Sutton helped him sit up as Asher was doing the same with a now awake Seth, she reached over and smacked his arm " owe injured best friend what was that for ?" he asked baffled " I thought you were death idiot" . They all laughed while Seth mumbled " remember me not to defend your honor ever again" causing Sutton to smack him again. Brendan showed up not long after " Axel we have the camp cleared no one is there just waiting for your call to send a few guys in " by this time they were walking toward the camps Axel has his arm slung over Sutton's shoulders as he had a few broken ribs as did Seth but he was trying to in his words " walk it off". As they grew near the camp something changed in Asher and Seth they instantly became more alert as they looked at Axel and Sutton " let us go in " they asked Axel went to say no as Seth wasn't even fully healed but something told me they need to go in before he could deny them Sutton placed her hand on his arm once he looked at her she shook her head causing him to look bewildered ' Are you sure" he mouthed her she shook her head again he sighed and waved his hand giving them permission. 

A few of the pack doctors from their pack and Brendan's had started to arrive as one came to attend to Axel, Sutton's suppression of a few broken ribs just as Seth mind linked her to have two doctors ready instantly Sutton grabbed the two closes to her  just as Seth and Asher exit the camp both carrying two unconscious girls, both were malnourished they laid the girls on stretchers growling at anyone who came close to them that we're doctors. Sutton walks up to Seth " who are they " she asked " mate" Seth and Asher both answer. Sutton was shocked and speechless as Brendan walked up to the girl that was Seth's mate " I know her her father was the Beta for the Mark's pack her names Ava Phoenix destroyed her pack a few years ago  we thought there was no survivors" Seth growled at this as Axel joined us near Asher's mate " and I know her she is Macy Louis her father was Alpha Louis of the Louis pack same thing happen to her pack as did Ava's".

After the girls and those injured were taken back to the pack hospital and there were wolves sent to clean up the bodies everyone started heading back to the pack house Sutton was fussing over Axel wanting to go to the hospital to be double checked that things was really okay but he wasn't having any of it. Once back at the pack house everyone went their separate  ways to clean up as the cooks busied themselves getting dinner ready, Axel and Sutton headed up to his office Sutton still fussing over his injuries but Axel was having none of it once he closed the office he pushed her against the door " stop kitten im fine a few broken ribs are not going to kill me" he paused once he seen she wasn't going to fight him " baby we won, were alive, were together its over " and then he crashed his lips onto hers and let go of her hands where she wrapped them around his neck bringing him closer. They really did it they won it was over they could actually live theirs lives together.

A few hours later everyone met up in the dinning hall for dinner everyone was showered and relief showed on their faces, as they sat down Asher and Seth walked in to join them " hows the girls" Sutton asked once dinner had been served, Seth spoke first " Ava is pretty starved and beat they had them drugged to keep them and their wolf weak so it could be a while before they wake" Asher spoke next after shoveling a spoon full of mash potatoes in his mouth " Macy was pretty much the same way the doctors did say by old scars" Asher stopped as both him and Seth growled taking a moment to compose themselves " that they had been there since their pack was destroyed and they put up a good fight on more than one occasion" . " Yea our woman are strong" Seth chimed in as the two high five causing the table to erupt into laughter Sutton shaking her head looking around at her little family. She never knew how she got so lucky she went from the high school girl that was lost in this world with no one to find a man who loved her with every breath he had now engaged to , finding out she wasn't human all along coming into a wolf she has a pack friends who were more family then she ever known. Broken from her thoughts as Axel took her hand under the table and started rubbing soothing circles with his thumb the look he shared with her told her he knew what she was thinking  " I love you" he mouthed "awe Axie I love you too" Seth butted in, Axel shook his head " not you idiot" he responding causing Seth the pout and the dinner table to erupt into laughter again.