Chapter Five

"What about this top?, Ciara said stepping out of her walk in closet. This was the seventh combination she's showed Diana, asking of her opinion on them. Diana has said the same answer each time and she had no idea why Ciara was still asking her. Geneva tried everything she could to make sure Diana and Daniel had everything and she was appreciative. But Ciara's parents were more financially stable and was able to give Ciara more. Her walk in closet was filled with more clothes, shoes, and accessories than Diana could handle.  Every outfit looks amazing on Ciara and Diana was tired of repeating herself.

Ciara noticed how down Diana was. She sat down next to her on her bed and grabbed one of her plush pillows to hold. She looked at Diana with concern.

"Are you okay DeeDee?"

"I'm fine", Diana lied.

"Come on, I see it all over your face. What is it?"

"It's just ... aside from your parties I've never been out somewhere. I feel like I'm going to be out of place".

"Why do you feel like that?"

"It's obvious, CiCi. Like Chantel said, I'm a weirdo".

"Don't listen to what that balloon boob bitch has to say, okay? If anybody's weird, she is for having big assets on her small ass frame".

Diana laughed and she felt her spirits lift a little. Ciara always knew what to say to make her feel better.

"But I have nothing to wear", Diana said.

"Uh hello, I have a big ass closet right in front of you".

"I can't wear you stuff".

"And why not?"

"Because it's yours".

"And what belongs to me, belongs to you. Except for my man, 'cause then I'd have to cut you".

Diana laughed. "You pick something out for me then".

Ciara screeched. "I've been waiting for years to give you a makeover!'

Ciara ran into her closet and pulled out a black quarter sleeve jumpsuit and some heeled ankle boots. Diana's eyes grew wide.

"Where do you expect me to go in those?" Diana asked.

"Dee, let's not ask stupid questions".

"Don't you feel heels would be a little ... over the top?"

"I'm an over the top type of woman. Now, stop asking questions and get dressed".

Against her better judgement, Diana put on the outfit Ciara picked out. She's only worn heels once in her life so walking in the boots were going to be a challenge within itself. The jumpsuit hugged her in ways that she wasn't completely comfortable with. Diana was herself when she wore just jeans and a big button up shirt. She felt she had room and freedom when wearing big clothes. And plus, it gave her a chance to recreate her own style. The jumpsuit hugged her hips and her behind and she knew it was going to draw attention to her that she's never had before. Ciara pulled her to her vanity mirror and looked into Diana's reflection. In a way, she was thankful for Bishop showing up. She always wanted Diana to come out of her shell. Her beauty had high potential if she took care of herself. But Ciara knew better than Diana knew herself, that people constantly talked down on her resulted in her not caring about her looks. Ciara took the hair tie out of the messy bun Diana had on top of her hair and ran her fingers through the curls. All Diana needed was some hair cream, a brush, and some love, and her locs were flowing beautifully on her shoulders. Ciara knew Diana didn't like makeup and she didn't want her to look completely different from who she truly was. When she turned Diana to face the mirror so she could see the masterpiece she created, she smiled at Diana's look of surprise and fascination.