EIGHT

EIGHT

It grew dark, and we soon came to a halt on the bus. We had been driving for god know's how many hours, I was asleep on Stiles most of the time. We had stopped outside this... hotel. Or, my bad, motel.

Everyone jumps off the bus, and boy does it feel good to stand again.

Motel Glen Capri.

This motel creeped me out. I have a bad vibe. I stand next to Scott and Stiles, the girls were at the back. "I've seen worse." Scott commented. It's great to see my brother healthy again.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asks, and I scoffed. The whistle blows, from Coach.

"Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow." Coach started, holding a bunch of room keys. "This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be paring up, choose wisely."

Coach holds out the keys. Everyone takes one. One by one each person goes by. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to you dirty little selves!"

I roll my eyes and I take the key for me and Stiles. Or, me and Scott.

"I get Stacey," Scott dibs, as we walk further to the hotel. I roll my eyes.

"Excuse me, I get Stacey, I'm her boyfriend." Stiles whined.

"I'm her brother and you had her for the whole bus ride." Scott defended.

"You've had her your whole life!" Stiles snapped and exhales.

"All right." I said, and stand in front of them. "Since there are only two beds in a room... why don't Stiles and I share a bed, and Scott you can take the spare bed."

"You two are not having sex in the same room as me." I purse my lips at my brother's complaint. We haven't had the time to have sex.

"It's either this or the ground, Scott." I smiled.

"Wait, did you just choose Stiles over me?" Scott asked.

I could see Stiles doing a little celebration.

I shake my head. "Pft, no."

Stiles laid on out bed and Scott laid on his bed. "All right. So I have five." Stiles started. I, was, however, was walking around the room slowly, tracing my fingers on the dusty desk.

"Five? You have five suspects?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, it was originally 10." Stiles said. "Well, nine, technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice."

"So, who's number one? Harris?" Scott asked.

"Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead." Stiles said.

"So, if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices." I pace around the room, listening to the boys' conversation.

"Yeah, I guess that sounded way better in my head." Stiles said.

"Well, what if it's somebody else from school? Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know he was killing people." I shiver at his name.

"Excuse me?" Stiles sat up. "I'm sorry, what?" Stiles then stands up. "Yes, I did, I called it from day one, actually."

"Yeah, but we never really seriously thought it was Matt." I snort.

"I was serious. I was quite serious, actually. Deadly serious. No one listened to me."