FORTY-THREE

FORTY-THREE 

Lydia, Scott, Isaac, and I sit in the waiting room of the Sheriff station. I can't believe that my best friend is dead. It was silenced between the four of us. Everyone was in shock. Allison had died in Scott's arms, it's hit him pretty hard.

This is how our fake story is. This is what Chris told us to say to the police.

We called Chris first. There were two of them. They tried to steal our car. They wore masks. One of them had a knife.

If we get confused, we always repeat, it happened so fast.

"Can you remember anything else?" I was now sitting on the chair, being questioned by Parrish. "Stacey?"

"I'm sorry," I whisper, I felt sick to my stomach. "It just happened so fast." The sheriff had placed a hand on my back and rubbed it. My head was spinning, causing a headache.

I sit next to Stiles on Kira's couch in her house. Our hands were laced together on his lap. Kira sat next to us. Mrs. Yukimura on the left.

"Here," Mrs. Yukimura offered. "It'll calm you."

"What is it?" Stiles asks, picking up the cup.

"Tea."

"What? Magic tea?" Stiles muttered.

"No, chamomile tea." Mrs. Yukimura corrected. "Drink it."

"He's not safe here." Mr. Yukimura walks in the lounge.

"He's not safe anywhere," Mrs. Yukimura said.

"But Allison killed one of them." Kira reminded us, and Stiles puts down the tea and he laced our fingers again. Ever since he found me, we've been basically been inseparable since. Attached to the hip, you could say. "Doesn't that mean something? She killed an Oni."

"Is that even possible?" Mr. Yukimura asked.

"I'm not sure how,"

"But she did it." Kira cuts her parents off. "She killed one of them."

"Yeah, and then they killed her," Stiles added. Stiles squeezed my hand. "Allison's dead. Now I guess the only good thing is it looks like I'm dying too."

It hurt my heart that I know he's slowly dying.

Mrs. Yukimura moves over to us. "He made a powerful move by splitting the two of you." I brought his hand to my lips and placed a soft kissed on it.

"So, what's our move?" Kira asked.

"At this point, you need a divine move," Mr. Yukimura spoke as I drop Stiles and I's laced hands on his thigh.

"What's that?" Stiles asked.

"In the game of Go, it's what we call a truly inspired, or out-of-the-box move." Mrs. Yukimura explains further. "The Nogitsune has had sente, the advantage, until this point. What you need is a divine move in order to turn the game around."

"Okay, so is anyone feeling divinely inspired?" Stiles asked.

"Mum, you said you trapped it in a glass jar, right?" Kira asked.

"It wasn't the jar that trapped it." Mrs. Yukimura shakes her head. "It was where I buried it."

"The Nemeton." Stiles lowly said.

"A place I don't know too much about." Mrs. Yukimura spoke.

"Who does?"

Stiles and I looked at each other. "Deaton," we say in sync. "Deaton does."

We entered the building of the animal clinic, I could hear Lydia's voice as Kira was supporting me and Stiles.

"Like we're running out of time," Lydia said.

"Yeah, we kind of got that feeling, too," Stiles said.

We pull outside the school, and Stiles climbed out, I quickly followed him. I notice he leaned on the pole for support, and I quickly walked over to him. He put one arm around me, and I helped him.

Still using me as support, we were at the school entrance. "Scott, hold on," Stiles said, and I stopped as soon as he did. "I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you," I whisper. "That's the plan I'm going with." He looked down at me, and kissed the top of my forehead. Scott then pushed through the doors, and to our surprise, it was... snowing?

It look magical. Frosty doors, white powdered snow. It's snowing. We were in some sort of courtyard, I hear the door slowly creak shut. Stiles kept an arm around me, and I kept an arm around him. I laced my fingers with Stiles.