FORTY-TWO

FORTY-TWO 

Voices echo down the long never ending tunnels. Lydia and I sit on the ground, scared. I don't know why the Nogitsune wants us. "Come on, let's go." Lydia pants, and stands up slowly. The tunnels weren't big, in fact, small. Pipe run along the sides.

"I would suggest to split up, but is that really a good idea?" My voice shakes, and I stand up next to Lydia, that's when I heard a loud scream, and so did Lydia as we both flinched. It sounded like millions of people were being murdered.

"Can you hear them?" A deep voice asked, in sync, we turn our heads to see Void Stiles standing quite a few feet away from us. I couldn't excatly see him, but I didn't need to seem him to recognize his voice. Lydia gripped onto my hand. "Louder than usual, isn't it?" The tunnels echo his voice. "Well, that's because a lot of bad things happened here."

In sync, we slowly back up, fear seeps through me. We turn around and start to walk down the what seems like endless tunnels. "What are the voices telling you?" Void Stiles continued. "Are they saying that Stiles is dying?" I turn around, to check how far he is from us. "He is you know," he sings out.

I whimper, Lydia did too. "He's dying." Void Stiles taunts. We soon turn a corner.

"What do you need us for?" I yelled. "You think we can tell you something?!" That's when we saw a gated door, and I gasped, as Lydia tried pushing the door opened. You can hear Void Stiles laugh.

"Oh, I know you can." Void Stiles growled.

"We're not telling you anything!" Lydia screamed, panicking.

"You won't have to." We turn around, and Void Stiles was standing right there, and I let out a squeal. "You too will be screaming." And in sync, we both let out a scream.

Panting, Lydia and I climb down a flight of stairs. We were still stuck in tunnels, and there was a door at the end of the stairs. "They'll find us. Our friends are going to find us." I told reassured Lydia. I know they will.

I put my hands on the door gates, and I tried budging it to open. It won't open. No! Why won't it open? "You think so?" Void Stiles asked, and Lydia budges me over and tried opening the steel door as well. We pushed on it, groaning. "I myself was kind of wondering what they're doing right now."

"What useless lead they're chasing." Void Stiles continued. "I wonder if maybe some of them have bigger problems to deal with right now." I stop, realizing we weren't going to get into that cylinder like room. "Are they really spending every minute looking for you two? Or... are they waiting for nightfall? Focused on some hopeless gesture to pass time."

I slowly pulled myself together, and I turned around, Lydia followed me. Sitting at the top of the stairs was Void Stiles, looking down on us. "What do you want?" Lydia asked, cocking her head.

Void Stiles simply shrugged and slowly stood up. I felt the grip on Lydia's hand tighten. "More."

"More what?" I ask softly.

"The Trickster stories are all about food, Lydia and Stacey." He stepped down to a step. Which meant he's inching closer to us. "The Coyote, the Raven, the Fox. They're all hungry," he continued to take steps, and now, he was three steps away from us. Lydia and I had pressed our back against the rust steel doors. "I'm the same. I just crave something a little different." We turned around, right now, I was in fear. "I ear what you feel."

I whimper as Void Stiles had gotten closer to my ear, his hand brushing away my hair. His lips brush against my ear making me squeeze my eyes shut. "And I'm am insatiable."

My friends are gonna find me.

Stiles will find me.

"Your nervous, aren't you?" I whisper, turning my head towards Void Stiles. "You know they're coming. You know they're going to kill you."

Void Stiles had placed a hand on the wall, leaning closer to me. "Well, that's excatly why I'm keeping you and Lydia so close." I pressed my lips together and looked at Lydia, who was staring right back at me.

The door closes, Void Stiles had his grip around me, and I had my grip around Lydia. Void Stiles had put us in the room that we'd been trying to get into. "They're here." I grin. "And neither of us need to scream to know that they're going to kill you."

"Good. That's excatly why I brought you two here," Void Stiles cocked his head at both of us, turning to us. "I needed to know when they'd be close enough." Void Stiles took out a blade case. "When my own death is closing in."

Suddenly, five Onis appear in this small space, they had drawn out their swords towards Void Stiles. Lydia dragged me to the wall, and we pressed our backs against the wall. "'Cause only when they're close, can I do this..." He broke the blade case in half, as soon as the Onis closed in on Void Stiles.

Green dust appeared. Suddenly, Void Stiles disappeared. I shake in fear as I wait in the small room. I shake in fear becuase I know who dies tonight. I can feel who dies tonight. I hear footsteps, and I turned around with Lydia, and there were Scott and Stiles there, their eyes wide.

"Stacey?" I heard Stiles ask and I ran to the gate. "Are you all right?" Scott had pulled on the gate.

"No, no, no, no! You're not supposed to be here!" I panic, my own eyes widening. "Why are you here?" Scott had pulled open the gate.

"Stacey, we're here for you." Stiles said.

"You weren't supposed to be here, you didn't get my message?" Lydia asked.

"Guys, what's happening?" Scott asked us.

"Who else is here?" I whisper. "Who came with you? Who else is here?" Tears start to stream down my face.

"Isaac, Kira, Allison," Scott listed.

"We need to go," I whisper, my eyes widening. "We need to go now!" Scott and Lydia had ran off, and Stiles had quickly grabbed my hand, dragging us up the long stairways, then down the long hallways.

After a while of running, I heard my name being called by Stiles. "Stacey... Stacey, I can't," Stiles groaned. I gasp, and turned my head, as I watch Stiles fall to the ground.

"Hey, sh, it's okay," I whisper, holding onto him. I look back, and saw Scott and Lydia running down the hallways. "Sh, sh," I soothe him in my arms. That's when I felt something in my stomach, it was like butterflies.

I can't scream. I don't want to scream.

If I scream, she dies.

I couldn't take it anymore, it boils inside me. I opened my mouth, and I let a long, lasting scream. My eyes were watering as I scream, clutching onto Stiles' in pain.

I can't believe she's dead.

Allison's dead.

i'm crying who the fuck cut opinion?