EIGHTEEN

EIGHTEEN 

"Derek?" 

Slap. 

"Derek!" 

Another slap. 

"Derek, come on!" 

I watch my boyfriend punch Derek in the face, trying to awaken him as he lies on the hospital floor in the elevator, the lights flicker above us. After the whole losing Scott and my mother, a part of me was lost. I don't know when I'll get Scott back, or my mother. All I really have right now is Stiles.  

"Derek, come on!" He yells, Stiles raised a hand and was about to smack Derek again when Derek stops him, his hand gripping on Stiles' wrist. 

"Oh, thank god." I breathe. Derek takes a minute to look at his surroundings. 

"Where is she?" Derek asked. 

"Jennifer?" Stiles nodded. "Gone, with Stacey's mum." 

"She took her?"

"Yeah. If that's not enough to kick in the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here, the police are coming." Stiles explained quickly, and Derek took a look at me. 

"Are you okay?" Derek asked. 

"Not right now, no," I reply. "But uh, I'll be fine." 

"We gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles adds. 

"Whoa. What about Cora?" Derek asks. 

Stiles and I sit in the hospital, Stiles held my hand in his as the cops kept coming through. We both look up, hearing someone coming through the doors. I couldn't believe my eyes. My own god damn father was here, of course, he was here. 

Stiles looked over at me, his mouth wide, spying him as well. I slide in my seat a little, and Stiles squeezed my hand as I made eye contact with my father. I shouldn't even call him my father. He's been anything but a father to me. 

Stiles sighed. "Just perfect," Stiles mumbles to me, and I nodded. I notice my dad walking over to us, or, my bad, Rafael. Rafael stands over us, and we both looked up at him. After many years of not seeing him, this is how I met him. 

"A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker," Rafael chucked and I glare at him. "Think you two could answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" 

"If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." I fire back, holding back a smirk.  

"Where's your dad, and why has no one been able to contact him?" Rafael asks. 

"I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." Stiles replied. 

"Is he drinking again?" My head snaps up to Rafael, glaring. 

"What do you mean again? He never had to stop." Stiles said. 

"But he had to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" 

"Are you drinking like you use to?" I shoot at him. Rafael ignored me. I can't believe this. 

"All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay?" Stiles scoffed. "We'll do the alphabet. Start with the F and end with the U." I smirk this time, cocking my head up to Rafael. 

He simply just smiled. "How about you tell me what the hell happened here?" 

"What?" I asked. "No hi? No, nice to see you daughter, it's been a while?" 

Stiles sighed. "I don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevator the whole time." Rafael ignored me. 

"You're not the one who put the name on the doors, are you?" It just hit me that he's not even talking to me. He's been talking to Stiles. 

"What name?" Stiles asked. 

"Argent." 

"The word is Guardian, Allison. More than anyone you would know that's a role I haven't excatly lived up to, lately," Chris turns on the light to his office as me, Stiles, and Allison enter in. 

"But she took Scott's and Stace's mother and Stiles' father." Allison pointed out. "That's not a coincidence." 

"Yeah, also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors." Stiles points out. "That kind of felt like a warning to me." 

"I think I might be Morrell," I conclude, folding my arms. "She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us." I turn my head to Stiles, as the three of us stand around Chris's desk, who was standing in front of it. 

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as that the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away," Stiles takes a seat. There were only two seats left, and I remain standing. 

"Stiles, don't give up hope," Chris told him. 

"He could already be dead." Stiles said.  Which meant my mother could be dead, as well. 

"I don't think so." Chris said. "There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place." 

"And your one of them." Allison said. 

"Then let's not wait around to see her next move." Chris huffs. He then pulls out a map and placed it on the desk. "Everything she's done has been telluric current. So, Melissa and the Sheriff have to be somewhere where there are currents, right? Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help." 

I look over at Stiles. "You seriously wanna go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?" 

Chris had got his gun, at reloaded it. "I'm carrying a .45." He then cocks it. "Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half of her skull blown off." He puts the gun down. "We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time. Which is why I need all three of you." 

"Please, Stiles." He sighed at my two words and looked up at me. 

"Where do we start?" 

I stand in the middle of Stiles and Allison, as the map was laid out on the desk, and Chris went over it. "The place where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current. So, there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank." 

"Wait. She wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Stiles asked. 

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time." Chris informed us. 

"Scott's boss." Allison whispers.

"Deaton." I mumble. 

"It was her only failure. That could mean something." Chris said. 

"That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help." I sigh and ran a hand through my hair. 

"What about Lydia?" Allison asked. 

"Lydia?" Chris repeated. "What can she do?" 

"Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent. Along with Stace." Stiles started. "Sometimes Stacey, along with Lydia, ended up somehow finding a couple of bodies, um, without actually looking for them." 

"Well, what are they? Psychic?" Chris asked. I pressed my lips together. We're banshees. Of course, I'm not going to say anything until I figure it out. 

"They're something." Stiles replied, nodding. 

One by one they place down a gun on the table, I watch them in amusement. I didn't realize how much machinery they actually had. I stand next Stiles watching the Argent's open up boxes of guns. "Whoa." Stiles stepped back as Chris had pulled out a gun. 

Allison had knives and twirled them around expertly in her hands. "I thought you guys were retired," I said, crossing my arms. 

"Retired, yes. Defenseless, no." Chris said. "Now, make sure your phone's on. If you hear from Scott you let us know immediately," Chris told me and Stiles. I nodded. 

"Yeah, I think that's gonna be unlikely," Stiles said, looking at his phone. I looked down at the ground, don't cry, Jesus. 

"You guys try to remember he's just doing what he think's right." Chris reminds us. 

"I know, but... it still hurts, I can't lose him." I mumble, and Stiles wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. 

"You won't." Stiles said, kissing my forehead quickly. 

"I can't shot a gun or use a crossbow, but..." I turn around and saw Isaac at the doorway. "Well, I'm pretty good at these." And he brought out his claws, and I smile.